Waking up from hunger pains?

The last two evenings, I have been woken up at around 4:15 am from sharp hunger pains. Is anyone else experiencing this? I upped my calorie intake for the day yesterday from 1230 to 1400 and dinner is usually my larger meal and it always has the most protein. I just don't know how to get around this and have never experienced it before.

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Hmm, if you're waking up with hunger pains then you're most likely still eating at a very large calorie deficit. Have you calculated your TDEE?
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2015
    I hadnt, but it looks like I am right around 1800-2000 depending on the calculator i use
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    IIFYM.com calculator, and FreeDieting Calculator are pretty spot on from my own, and other friends experiences.
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    I just took a look at this. 3 months have gone by and it's so much easier to eat 1200 calories now. I was eating little food that was high calorie and now I eat lots of low calorie fruits and veggies. I never wake up hungry anymore and feel so much better. 30 pounds makes all the difference in the world. Knowing my body makes all the difference in the world.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Good job! Thanks for the update.