Meal prep

Options
I am kind of confused about meal prep. I have never done it myself and I need some help. People prep their meals normally on Sunday's. I guess my question is, does meat like chicken or eggs or beans, vegetables actually stay good in the fridge for five days? Since my husband and I are busy and sometimes don't have the time to cook on workdays, any food prep tips would help so much! Thanks!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    They can stay good for a while but if it is going to be more than three days you should freeze your portions and thaw them the day before or the day you want to use them.
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do mini preps. For example, chicken went on mega sale for $1.60 a pound at Sprouts so I bought a crap load of it. I grilled them and cut them into cubes and weighed out 4 oz servings in baggies and froze them. Now when I need chicken for a chicken salad or chicken and veggies for lunch, bam. You could do the same thing (prep and freeze) for rice and roasted veggies and stuff too. For dinners, I would suggest doing entire meal ingredients in big ziplocs and freezing them. Then you can dump the whole thing in a crockpot and cook all day while at work. Or make casseroles and freeze them and then pull them out to defrost the night before. Hope these ideas help.
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you!!