New Fitbit Charge Excersizing Question

Options
Man I am having trouble getting used to using my Fitbit with MFP. Since my Fitbit now tracks all my exercise and syncs the data to my diary, I no longer can enter it into MFP or it gets tallied twice. But I liked that people could see me working out and keep me accountable. I'm not quite sure what to do about that. Advice?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    People know you worked out by seeing the "fitbit" adjustment calories when they look at your diary...
    I have a fitbit, and mine is like this and all my "MFP friends" know the exercise is there.

edited to add: MFP also has the fitbit steps logged here on MFP as well, go to reports and you see it there and also under "check in"...
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Man I am having trouble getting used to using my Fitbit with MFP. Since my Fitbit now tracks all my exercise and syncs the data to my diary, I no longer can enter it into MFP or it gets tallied twice. But I liked that people could see me working out and keep me accountable. I'm not quite sure what to do about that. Advice?

Post your exercise as a status update.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users Group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • carissacaines
    carissacaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    People know you worked out by seeing the "fitbit" adjustment calories when they look at your diary...
    I have a fitbit, and mine is like this and all my "MFP friends" know the exercise is there.

edited to add: MFP also has the fitbit steps logged here on MFP as well, go to reports and you see it there and also under "check in"...

• carissacaines
    carissacaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great idea...most of my friends won't go looking into my diary.