Best protein powder for women?

Options
I'm wondering what recommendations do people have for a protein powder women can take? I currently am taking muscle farm cookies and cream protein that they sell at costco but I'm starting to not like it.. Seems too sweet for me. Any suggestions to other products?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Women don't have to take a special kind of protein powder. Just get something that tastes good to you.

I like Optimum Nutrition. They've got a ton of different flavors.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Protein specifically marketed at women is usually just expensive. You can have the same protein as a man....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Does protein powder for women have magical powers?
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really like Isopure's low carb toasted coconut. Sometimes I add fruit, other times, just Silk's unsweetened coconut milk (45cal/cup).

I don't know if it's "good" in a MFP way but it's tasty and curbs between meal hunger. I'm guessing you'd want more carbs if you're using it to refuel after a workout.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Look up "pink tax." Products marketed toward women tend to be much more expensive that the same products marketed toward men.

I use 100% whey and whatever is on sale, assuming it tastes decent.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I use muscle milk protein powder. I'm on cookies and cream right now, but I've tried all the flavors and they're all good. You don't need to take a specific protein powder because you're a woman. I have heard soy protein is not good for women due to its similarity to estrogen, but who knows how true that is.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I tried Protizyme lately; the vanilla cake batter and peanut butter cup are pretty good!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't buy gender specific protein powder...I buy whey at the grocery store and check the protein levels...why because anything like that is a gimmick...we as women don't need "special" pink cans for our protein powder.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The one in the pink bottle.
    Kidding, kidding. I just use the one at Costco because it tastes decent and is a reasonable price.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK so I use one from Bulk Powders, but always go with whey or a whey+casein blend. If you are finding most too sweet then why not try an unflavoured whey protein and flavour it yourself? The plain whey has a mild milky flavour to it and you can mix it up with whatever you want. :)
  • bluecheesesticks
    bluecheesesticks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My local Costco sells Orgain Organic Protein that is plant-based. I love the stuff and highly recommend it. :)
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I buy cellucor because it's good protein vs calories and is tasty.
  • lauramb87
    lauramb87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love UMP (ultimate muscle protein) by Beverly International. My favorite flavor is their cookies and cream.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like Plantfusion. I prefer the vanilla over the chocolate. It's cheapest when I order it online.
  • dawn_lacy
    dawn_lacy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the visalus protine powder. It's expensive (50 a bag) but it works amazing. If I keep with it i feel amazing on it. It helps with my cravings helps me to eat smaller portions because I get fuller faster which in turn helps me make better food choices because my first thought is i need to be full. It's what is the better healthier option.
  • kdt000
    kdt000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Women don't have to take a special kind of protein powder. Just get something that tastes good to you.

I like Optimum Nutrition. They've got a ton of different flavors.

Love ON - especially the coffee flavor. I put it in coffee and use some ice if I drink it in the morning. Amazing.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love the Quest vanilla. It's easy to add PB2 or raw cocoa powder too. It's only 100 calories per scoop and has 22 grams of protein I believe. I got mine at GNC and it's reasonably priced.