Options
z0ual33
z0ual33 Posts: 4 Member
that are fairly healthy?

Replies

• AndreaTrombitas
    AndreaTrombitas Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Try this chicken recipe, I made it last Saturday and it is so full of flavour and healthy as well: jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/roasted-chicken-breast-with-cherry-tomatoes-and-asparagus/#i8tyJXEL82eBDJWK.97
  • z0ual33
    z0ual33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That looks delish! Thanks so much! I wonder if adding mushrooms will make it better or overwhelming
  • Curvy1Gezel
    Curvy1Gezel Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chicken stew
    easy and low calories and you can make loads and freeze it for quick meals :)
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just made this for lunch: can light tuna in water drained, 2 cups spinach, 1/2 apple chopped, small toss of dried cranberries, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, some fresh Parmesan cheese-YUM and super filling.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day, and it was good: http://bits-of-taste.blogspot.com/2009/11/pie-is-my-family-all-time-favourite.html

The measurements aren't exact on there, so here's what I used:

Two 5 oz cans of tuna, drained
    22oz of potaoes
    Substituted whole milk with 1/3 cup of 1% milk. Use more or less depending on how many potatoes you're using
    I kept the butter seeing as 1tbsp doesn't have too many calories.

You can skip the cheese or keep it if you'd like.
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    1 can of tuna, drain, mix in Dijon mustard to taste. Put on bread. Add lettuce, tomato, pickles, or cheese if you want.

• skinnyminni24
    skinnyminni24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love to make tuna with some mayo and chopped up yellow bell pepper! I put some on original flavor triscuits and call it lunch.
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna in water...drained...
    Mayo with olive oil
    Whole grain thinwich pita bread
    Green leaf lettuce
    Spinach and kale mix
    Vine tomato
    Avocado
    Make a thinwich!
    Also baked chicken breast with lemon pepper and steamed broccoli...
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on here a while ago about using hummus in tuna instead of mayonnaise.
    I thought that sounded kind of gross, but I tried it and it was actually really really good.

It's a totally different dish, though - more zesty less creamy. But also many fewer calories.

I add chopped onion, minced celery, salt, pepper, sriracha chili sauce and dijon mustard. I've been experimenting with different flavors of hummus and haven't yet found one I don't like.

I cut a pita in half, stuff it with the tuna and some sliced tomato and pickles and a bit of lettuce and it's a surprisingly filling lunch for less than 200 calories.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna (I prefer the pouches) x2
    1/3c bread crumbs
    1 egg
    Green onions
    Dijon mustard
    Dill to taste

Mix it all together and form into patties and cook over medium heat. Tuna burgers!
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe... it's cheap and healthy!

http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-tuna-cakes/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Yes on tuna cakes. I use an egg, mustard, seasonings and no breadcrumbs. It comes out amazing.