Duromine journey starts tomorrow !!

annatristan
annatristan Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Height:160cm
Weight:74kg

After giving birth to my son I have never managed to shift the weight off !! His now one and a half years old.

I walk daily for 40 minutes and eat regular small portions of meals. I asked my dr for help and he suggested duromine 30mg and optislim!

I've tried duromine ages ago before I had my son and it worked very well however I have my doubts of it working as I just feel my body won't shift this fat!

My dr is very certain that duromine 30mg in conjunction with optislim and my daily walking can get me to loose 10kg within a month!

Has anyone else had good results with duromine 30mg ?

Would love to hear your stories!

(Yes I know all about the side effects and how grumpy and not good it is for me)

:)

Replies

• kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    Hey. I have used Duromine before with amazing results, was years and years ago though. I Have gone up and down over the years and never been able to break 62 Kg. I am only 4'11 so my Goal is to get to about 50kg. So over the past 20 months I have lost 18kg and have maintained that and now once again stuck in the damn 60s (currently 67kg) I tell ya they'll be the death of me lol. Past 8 Months have just not been able to budge it any further.

Anyways, so I went to the Doctor and got some Duromine 30mg and started them on Thursday, so far so good I have gone from 69.7 on thursday morning, to 67.6kg this morning (sunday). I feel really good, my energy levels are up, my appetite is down. Im drink LOADS of water. Im not having any problems sleeping which I was concerned about. And my mood is generally pretty good.

I think this is going to be a great re-start to my weight loss, Really needed that kick start again as I have been feeling quite defeated I only have one month supply so hoping to break the 60s within this month and the last 10kg Im happy to bring it down slowly.

Good Luck with your Journey, I think the key is to change your habits while your on it, then once you've finished your course you have trained yourself into good healthy eating and Small portions, and cos you dont get cravings while on it, it teaches your body to do without the bad stuff.

Feel free to Add me as a friend. and we can keep updated on our Duromine Journeys
  • annatristan
    I am getting my implanon removed tomorrow. Hopefully once that's removed I would drop a kg or two. My dr told me I should as soon as its removed. The implanon was terrible for me! From mood swings, fatigue and constant hunger! Hope this will add to my weight loss journey
  • kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    I had my Mirena removed in December, I don't think it ever affected my weight, mmI've heard people have struggled with weight loss with it, so even but I just wanted to get my body back into a natural no added hormone state.
  • annatristan
    Day 1 on Duromine:
    So I woke up at 6am and took my duromine. On the way to work I had my optislim meal replacement shake.

I actually feel great. Energy. No mood swings. However I'm actually still hungry which :/ my implanon is getting removed this afternoon so I'm hoping that would increase my weightloss along with decrease my need to be hungry all the time!

I had one roll of chicken and avocado brown rice sushi and am still hungry :(
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Why don't you just eat real food (no shakes) at a reasonable calorie deficit? :huh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,048 Member
    I admit, I'm a little surprised that at your height and weight you'd get a prescription for it. Good luck, it turned my friend into a raging psycopath!
  • annatristan
    I am eating according to what my dr has advised me. I'm only replacing two meals a day with my optislim shake. So I still eat REAL food in between.

So far my mood has been excellent today especially on duromine :) I'm actually not tired and have heaps of energy. Got through work fast too
  • annatristan
    I am eligible for duromine. According to my BMI I am overweight and my dr was more than happy to prescribe it to me.
  • annatristan
    Day 2 on Duromine
    I surprisingly slept well last night! Earlier than expected. I had broken sleep, but that could also be due to my son waking up through the night aswel and I was quite restless. Other than that it was great! I woke up not feeling angry and tired. Not sure if my mood is better because I took the implanon out or because the duromine has given me the energy to get through my mornings. Regardless I'm glad I haven't had the bad side effects (as of yet)

So I took duromine at my normal time 6:30am. Today I'm less hungry than yesterday. I had my optislim shake in the morning, brown rice sushi for lunch and now I'm having soup for dinner :smile:. Although today I did suffer from a painful headache at work, which was easily fixed with some nerofun :smile: and have had much more of a dry mouth than yesterday all I wanted to do was drink water! But so far so good. No mood swings, no depression, I actually feel great ! :) I weighed myself first thing in the morning and I lost 1kg lol I've probably put that 1kg back on already. I should really stop weighing myself everyday
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Appetite suppressants stop working when you stop taking them. So you need a chemical in your body to stop from over eating. Are you going to do this for life? If not, then how does this drug keep teach you to stop over eating? It doesn't. That's actually a discipline and habitual issue you need to learn without the drug.
    I'm no doctor, but I've had many a client who used appetite suppressants prescribed by doctors. Like any diet program, only 10% will usually stay successful once they reach goal. The other 90% gain back a significant amount of weight (if not all of it back) because they didn't know how to stave off the appetite on their own.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • annatristan
    I am aware of that. As you see in my initial post I have stated I have lost weight on it before. I managed to control it after I finished it however I then fell pregnant.

I'm not saying I'm relying on this to loose weight. I am eating appropriately and I also am excersizing.

However duromine has so far helped me control my cravings, and binge eating. Which I am happy about. I am not planning to use this as a long term thing to loose weight. Only to kick start my weightloss journey.
  • annatristan
    Day 3 on Duromine
    So as per normal I wakeup at 6:30 take my duromine and get ready for work.

My mood has been great all day. No outbursts no fatigue nothing. I'm quite happy that duromine has had many positive affects on me, hopefully it will still that way. I did although have a slight headache and am suffering from dry mouth. Other than that I feel great! However now I do feel a bit tired and feel like "coming down"

I also forgot to eat today, due to how busy I was at work I totally didn't even think about eating! And now I feel too tired to even eat.

Hope to have these positive affects throughout the whole month!
  • annatristan
    Day 4 on Duromine
    Gee day 4 was kind of a bad day. Woke up cranky. Seemed quiet at work. Migraine all day and just basically very cranky and just wanting to go home and sleep.

I'm honestly not hungry at all but have forced myself to eat to gain energy. Also had a slice of cake at work cause it was one of the girls birthday.

I'm thinking to take a break of duromine tomorrow. Hoping I can train myself not to over eat and pig out!

Hope this headache goes away soon :(
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    It sounds as if you think the Duromine is making you feel bad. Did you let your doctor know?
  • annatristan
    I am aware of the side effects of duromine. Duromine is known to cause people to have headaches, dry mouth and mood swings. Have already discussed with my doctor when he prescribed it to me.
  • pammytw
    pammytw Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Annatristan, hope you are feeling okay and wondering how you went on duromine???