I have 900g of Chocolate Soya Protein, and it's horrible.

Options
cdoesthehula
cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
Looking at my intakes, I don't get nearly enough protein.

"No problem", I say to myself. I will go and buy some soya protein.

I bought a 900g jar. It is big. After I've had it I can even use it for canoeing - result!

I made my first glass back now.

It's vile.

Have you used it as a cooking ingredient? Any recipes? I thought I might try to make some cakes or something.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adding salt?
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Look up Michael Kory Homemade Protein Bars. Or Google Protein Banana Pancakes. If you can afford the carbs, look up cookie, brownie/cake recipes. If you have a blender, put protein in a smoothie. There are tons of recipes that you can add chocolate protein to. Finding protein powder that taste good just a a drink can be a tough task. Cooking with it is your best bet for using it up.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    You have my sympathy, OP. lol
  • madmaddox719
    madmaddox719 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I bought the unflavoured version as it was cheaper and I'm really struggling. I've tried adding it to meals too, only thing it works for is portion control I can't finish anything I've oncluded it in for the taste
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Bake! Bake it all! Imo.
    brownies, mug cakes, microwave brownies, cheesecakes, soufles, poke cakes, ice cream it, add to sugar free jell-o, stick in your yoghurt, add to oatmeal.....

Soya isn't the best for baking but it can be done pretty well.

Failing that can stick it on gumtree or craigslist Some weirdo will buy opened powder.
  • sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also struggle getting protein as I don't really care for meat. I also hate breakfast but love coffee. So what I do is make coffee protein shakes! I love them, 1 cup coffee, 1 scoop powder, 1 cup whatever milk you use, ice, 2 bananas(I thought this sounded awful but it's actually delicious). Or, if you like pumpkin(former pumpkin spice latte junkie here) switch out the banana for a half cup of pumpkin purée (not pie mix, and tastes best with vanilla protein) plus a few shakes of cinnamon. Yum! Better than a frappacino in my opinion and so much healthier.