Games on the Wii?

Options
I need your help! I have a Wii (which I barely ever use other than to watch something on iplayer - the kids use it far more!) and I have the Wii fit balance board gathering dust... I was wondering whether to splash out and get a new 'game' which will get me exercising and be fun - and maybe I could even play it with my eldest (14yo) in the evenings?

Can you recommend your favourite 'fitness' Wii game (with or without the use of the balance board) - and tell me why? Thank you!

Replies

• afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    the only one ive really played with is the wii fit plus, but i really like it. you can choose from different exercises to work different parts of your body, or combine them to create your own workout routine. They have different levels of difficulty as well as different durations for each workout so you can find what really works for you. Personally, I love doing yoga on it because i find a lot of it really challenging. I like the cardio ones too though, theres different step up ones, hula hooping, juggling, marching bands, etc. theres also a 'free step' program where its not really directing you on what to do- but your wii remote will click or make a noise in a certain beat for you to step up to, and you can flip the tv to a different program or whatever and just keep doing step ups while watching tv and it will keep track of your time and steps. The only thing I dont like about this program is that I find the calorie tracker kind of off, which doesnt matter if you have a hrm. i think it would be fun with your kids too, even if its only 1 player you can take turns or just do it together with 1 of you being monitored and the other one not, a lot of the games are really fun anyways:)
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2. It's hilarious, a great workout and fun to play with others. It'll definitely get your heart racing.

Check out the trailer here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6FgI2CR9I4
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, and am trying to work myself up into doing the EA Sports Active again. Both really make you sweat!
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    We have got a few games but I'm fav has to be my active personal trainer & wii fit plus, your 14year should love playing them too, my 3 year does lol, I now have to do it when he's at play-school if I want a good workout.
    After doing the 30 day challenge I found muscles I didn't know I had, I use the balance board to weight myself too.
  • Kristinemillar
    Options
    I would also recommend the wii zumba game... The wii fit game is good but very repetitive and can get boring after a while... There's only so much hula-hooping you can do, but it is good for tightening up the tummy and the yoga isn't too bad either. The Your shape game is also good, it uses the camera for the wii to determine the areas that you need to work on and gives a set of exercises for that body area.

Be careful when using the Wii fit board as your scales though, I just discovered this morning that it had me weighing 4lb less than I actually do....
  • sdornbush
    sdornbush Posts: 25
    Options
    I have the Wii Active 2 and it is what first got me started with my exercise program. I loved it, but have not used it in quit some time because I have found other workouts I enjoy more, but it really did help build stamina and muscle.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I have Zumba for Wii and Just Dance. Both games are fun and a workout. I would suggest them if you enjoy dancing.

The Zumba game is a lot of work and there are classes that you can. 20 Minute Beginners Class and then like 30 - 45 - 60 minute Intermediate and Expert classes. You will definitely work up a sweat doing one of these classes!

Just Dance is fun because it's modern songs with the dance moves. You can choose a short version of the song or the whole version. After one full song I am sweating. It's fun and I usually sing along!
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have to say if you want a serious burn and a sense of doing a proper exercise class then you can't beat My Fitness Coach Get in SHape, it really is like having a personal trainer in your front room!!. I burned 470 calories in an hour today-measured with my heart monitor-more than i burn for the same time spinning or running sometimes. Having said that Just Dance2 is great fun and burns lots too. I've heard Zumba is good but I have My fitness Coach dance workout which burns loads too if you like dancing!! Personally, I didn't like the EA workouts too much, they tone you up though. It depends what you are looking for and there is some really good advice on this thread!!