*vent* camping

Options
13»

Replies

• kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know it is water weight cause I am not going over board with the tasty treats, and save up calories from during the week to pad the weekend. Its just a smidgen of frustration being expressed. I did take bud select 55 in addition to other beers to have a lower cal alternative. I also walk the dogs thru the campgrounds a couple times a day. Last week I was down under my previous lowest from the friday before camping by weds, so it will be the same this time too. Its the alcohol I tell you..the tasty tasty beverages that make my person save all the extra water.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to make sure you are drinking enough water on your camping trips. I know it's not easy, I use to do a lot of camping and I would crave water. You might try freezing milk jugs of water and packing them in a cooler, you will have cold water to drink as they melt. You don't have to give up all the beer, bbq, and smores, maybe just cut back. I'm sure your husband is taking the kids so you have some time to yourself but instead of reading a book, take a hike or pick a nice spot, walk to it and take your book along so you can "treat" yourself to some reading there. Since you seem to be bouncing back and forth on only 2 or 3 pounds, this may just be water weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    kdz526 wrote: »
    Wooo..only up a pound and a half after this last camping weekend. Maybe I'll figure it out one of these times :smiley:

I don't think you can honestly make any correlations here. Natural body weight fluctuations for most people are anywhere from 1- 5 Lbs day to day. This is why trend analysis is important, not the actual number or weigh in to weigh in values.

I'm down 2 Lbs this morning from yesterday morning...yesterday I went out and had a massive brunch with my wife and mother in-law and then worked on my camper most of the afternoon while I guzzled full calorie beers...then I cooked Brats and German Potato salad for dinner...by your logic, eating a crap ton of food and beer resulted in weight loss form day to day...but really, it didn't.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Is somebody forcing the beer and smores down your throat? Is somebody keeping you from exercising the whole weekend?

There are tons of healthier things that you can cook over a campfire. Pocket stew is great. Take a look around Pinterest--I bet that you could find 100 things to eat while camping that would fit with your diet goals.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Take a hike while drinking beer and on breaks, enjoy smores
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I went camping. I hiked everyday, walked a lot around the campsite too, tried to guesstimate my intake, set myself at maintenance, and still gained 3 lbs. It was worth it though.