stay at home mom!

Options
Is it just me?.........sticking to my calories is sometimes really difficult when your a stay at home mom, between breakfast, lunch and dinner your surrounded by food and snacks. I have 3 boys and sometimes when they don't finish all their food and leave a little on the plate....honestly I am soooo tempted to eat it.lol. smh :s:'(>:) But I guess self control is key.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be too blunt here, but you have to have self discipline. You already know what to do, you stated it in your post..
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My oldest is 16 ..so..NO left overs on plate there! But the youngest, almost on cue, will leave 2-3 bites left of waffle in the morning. I actually log it if I eat it but most the time I'm quick to wash it down garbage disposal. It takes practice! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • thelastbellybender
    thelastbellybender Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i totally understand you :) (my sister has 3 kids) as u said self control is the key. for a mother with 3 kids it doesnt seems easy to loose weight. but you may try to eat vegetables or fruits instead of unhealthy snacks and you can go for walk with your kids. (dont know how old they are but if possible) go to park or somewhere try to not stuck in home get in action :) good luck
  • INFJx3
    INFJx3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been an at home mom for 22 years and it is hard!! I have 4 children and even though they are all adults/teens I end up making 3 meals per day and they don't want salad LOL!!

Three of mine are offensive linemen and they eat a lot each and every day.

I do find that having my own treats helps - My pita chips, my hummus etc helps to have treats for me that at least my sons aren't too interested in LOL!

:-)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yes it's very tricky while home with kids! When I'm home with my son, I'm also tempted to graze all day. But remember why you started this process and think about your goals. While the boys are having snacks, Keep in mind that you need to eat less in order to lose weight. After a while, your self control will get better. It just takes time.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Don't give your children more than they can eat. It's always easier to give them more and it's less waste.
  • healthymom1087
    healthymom1087 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your response. It was very encouraging. And I will definitely use your advice :)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    I can relate. My oldest is 16 ..so..NO left overs on plate there! But the youngest, almost on cue, will leave 2-3 bites left of waffle in the morning. I actually log it if I eat it but most the time I'm quick to wash it down garbage disposal. It takes practice! YOU CAN DO IT!

That's the best advice. Logging every little bite is so annoying. You'll think twice before eating it lol

Otherwise, prep some healthy snacks that would be easy to reach for. And schedule your meals and snacks. Just like you would if you were at work.

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    When my daughter gets down from the table, if there's anything left on her plate it goes straight into the disposal. Logging extra bites and tastes is not only annoying, but rarely am I even hungry for what I'm picking at. Over time, I've convinced myself how counterproductive it is to my goals.