Jumping In Head First!

Options
Psykologic
Psykologic Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
It's obvious that I'm new to MFP, hell I'm new to focusing on the food going into my body let alone fitness overall!...I've read, re-read, plenty of fitness material and yet I still feel like I'm confused an know nothing.

A bit about me I suppose. I'm newly twenty-four and moved to Utah about six months ago. Since then I've struggled with paying for food, so I've dropped from 320lbs to 276lbs, per my last weigh in. I like working out, it's a slight addiction. I just hate when people are around me, true they probably aren't paying me any attention, but just the fact that they could look my way makes me avoid the gym (yet I still pay for a membership...). I love reading and being outdoors, though I'm a tech nerd that's attending college to learn about software development. So you can see why I need some extra "oomph" in me to get/stay fit, healthy, and happy.

I think the two largest things holding me back are my lack of knowledge in nutrition overall and the lack of confidence in myself to just ignore others in the gym around me. I've read so many articles, blogs and journals, followed people on tumblr, etc. And yet I'm sitting here scratching my head about what to eat, how to eat even.

Oh, and my name is Psymon. Yes, the "p" is silent.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal, Psymon. The best thing you can do to drop weight is to log your intake. I started without exercise, just by logging my food here. I managed to drop a significant amount of weight with "diet" alone. Meaning I wasn't always paying attention to what I was eating, just how many calories. Much later, I took up running outdoors, which I love. I just dropped my gym membership because I never go. Instead, I usually do my exercising at home (there are some GREAT free exercise videos on YouTube) and running. Even just getting out and walking or hiking are GREAT activities that will help with your overall fitness level.

You've got this! :flowerforyou:
  • krayz2kat
    krayz2kat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You seem like a naturally positive person with confidence issues...much like myself. Remember that people can be judgemental, but typically have a natural respect for those of us struggling with weight issues when they see us trying to do something about it. So, workout with pride and stay focused on your goal, they have their own issues, even if we can't see them on the outside. Focus on YOU and live in the moment. I have faith in your success!