husband and wife

Options
Anyone working with your spouse to get in shape? I think it's the best motivation! I'm loving it and can't wait for the end results! ! Lol ;)

Replies

• Primrose_au
    Primrose_au Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I attend the gym twice a week together. We have our own weight training program that he ( not the gym) organised .... I hate upper body strength training..... or at least I did when we first started..... now Im seeing progress It's kinda cool. I get there after work and do some carido on the treadmill while I wait for him to finish work then we do about 50 mins of strength training. Upper body one day lower body and core the other. Been working well. There are days we dont feel up to it but the other one usually motivates where needed.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yes.. I am.. It is fun and frustrating at the same time.. He had a lot more weight to loose than I did and he is loosing like crazy.. We try to beat our last "calorie burn" each day, and we try to out do each other on steps walked during the day.. We do walk together in the evenings... it is really nice and all the same, exciting to do this someone you care about..

I think he "blows" his fat on to me...LOL
  • Daughter0faKing
    Daughter0faKing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I attend the gym twice a week together. We have our own weight training program that he ( not the gym) organised .... I hate upper body strength training..... or at least I did when we first started..... now Im seeing progress It's kinda cool. I get there after work and do some carido on the treadmill while I wait for him to finish work then we do about 50 mins of strength training. Upper body one day lower body and core the other. Been working well. There are days we dont feel up to it but the other one usually motivates where needed.

That's awesome!!!! I love to hear that!
  • Daughter0faKing
    Daughter0faKing Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Yes.. I am.. It is fun and frustrating at the same time.. He had a lot more weight to loose than I did and he is loosing like crazy.. We try to beat our last "calorie burn" each day, and we try to out do each other on steps walked during the day.. We do walk together in the evenings... it is really nice and all the same, exciting to do this someone you care about..

I think he "blows" his fat on to me...LOL

Lol! Same here! My husband started loosing weight quick!!! He takes jujitsu classes I don't think I spelled it right but he lost 30 pounds in a matter of 2 months!! I'm so proud of him and he inspired me to get in shape :)
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes! We walk everyday between 3-4 miles to the grocery store to pick up dinner plus whatever we eat for lunch the next day. We've been doing this for about 6 weeks. I've lost about 14.5 pounds, he's lost about 12. On the weekends, we walk about 15 miles total to various restaurants and shopping locations to get whatever we need that we didn't pick up earlier. We bring his hiking backpack to carry heavy stuff and use bags for the rest. We live around hills so we get a great leg and arm workout. We both hold each other accountable, I'm so happy he's supportive of my goal to be healthier! It sure helps when the love of your life is right there with you! :smile:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I love working out with my fiance, but with our schedules differing we don't get to do it as often as we'd like. He's very motivating.
  • bas0128
    bas0128 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I definitely look forward to our workouts together. It's not nearly as much fun flying solo!!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. We can't work out together because he's only free to train at night and I can't train past 4pm or I'm awake all night. But we do talk about lifting, take walks together with the kids after dinner, and work together to keep a healthy diet. :)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I really wish my husband wanted to workout....I always ask him to train with me but he just doesnt want to. Maybe someday.... :(
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    No can do, someone has to stay at home with our little princess to watch her.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Since Hubby started tracking his food, it's so much easier for me! He stopped suggesting fast food for dinner. He even complains when the food I cook is not good for his macros. So I told him to help me with meal prep and he has! It's much more fun and takes half the time!

We have a 2 yo daughter and can't afford a babysitter too often, so once she's in bed, he goes for a walk while I workout in the living room. When he comes back, I'm usually done so he does a bit of free weights and body weight exercises while I take my shower.

He has been losing a lot more consistently than me, which puts me out a bit because I've been at it for longer than him. I know it's mostly because I have a hard time saying no to food offered at work. Knowing he'll do better than me pushes me to do better myself!
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    No! My husband is a bad influence... I do sooo well Monday to Friday but weekends with him are challenging but fun
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Yes and no. We can't work out together because he's only free to train at night and I can't train past 4pm or I'm awake all night. But we do talk about lifting, take walks together with the kids after dinner, and work together to keep a healthy diet. :)

This is our life as well, so we recap on our workouts at night. She does TRX at 0500 and I run/lift at 1800. I wake up the kids and do calisthenics before dropping them off at school. We want to start doing other fitness events together, but difficult to schedule with all the other things going on.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hubby and I work out together whenever we can. This week we're starting Insanity together and will do that 2-3 times a week to get ready for our cruise next month. Sometimes it's hard since we both work full time and he's a part time student. But we are always outside with the kids playing catch or soccer or going for walks. We try to lift weights together when we can. I'm a runner and unfortunately he's not but my runs are my "me" time. But we eat healthy together and we're always talking about fitness or articles or a blog we've read. Makes for some interesting discussions since we have the same fitness interests.

It also is great for our kids seeing us both living healthy lifestyles.
  • healthymom1087
    healthymom1087 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today was actually the first day that me and my husband worked out together and I totally loved it. He had me laughing the whole workout which made the time speed by. I hope we can continue to do so in the future depending upon our schedules.
  • AdrianSmith2014
    AdrianSmith2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are workout buddies, and always have been. Love it. Him and I are so competitive it keeps us both on our toes. Lol
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Sort of. We both eat well and support each other, but he won't do the MFP app with me anymore. We did it together like 6 months ago and we both did great and it helped having someone to remind you to log! But for some reason he doesn't want to do it anymore. :( Also can't go to the gym together, his work days are too busy and long, so he's going to get T25 so he can do something at home.
    I have a lot more weight to lose than he does, so maybe he just doesn't have the motivation I have. He's actually pretty fit, but he wants to lose a few pounds and get back to being all muscley like he once was I guess.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    We have off an on, but not lately. He's got a bad back and has to be pretty limited. Even too much walking can cause days of pain. It's intermittent, though, so when his back is feeling good we go for long walks and/or bike rides. He's not a lifter (again the back), but will do body weight workouts like push-ups and sit-ups. Lately, though, I've been exercising solo for the most part. A few walks here and there. It's definitely easier when we're both doing it, but it doesn't discourage me all that much to do it alone. I'm a pretty determined girl.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yes. We both track food here and have Fitbits. I am very glad we are on the journey together, but he is another man whose weight just went whoosh!
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Not really. We walk our dog together for about an hour every day and has been talking about doing some at-home exercises but we have to get our butts in gear.