Alcohol?

Options
what is the best kind to drink when you are watching your calorie intake???

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    One that you enjoy? I had a Corona this afternoon (148 calories). You can drink anything by fitting it into your calorie goal.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Treat alcohol as you would a dessert. If you have room for it at the end of the day without blowing up your macros/calorie limit, enjoy some in moderation. You may not want to treat yourself daily, but there's no real harm in it as long as you are still hitting your daily goal.

For me, if I'm cutting I'll do straight bourbon and maybe some sour or other lighter beers.
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    vodka with lemon and seltzer water. Homemade red sangria- omit the sugar.

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    IMO you get the most bang for your buck is vodka (preferably top shelf) and club soda.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wine lol
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
    Pick what you like and log it. 80 proof liquor generally best, but be aware of how caloric your mixers are, e.g. Tonic has lots of sugar/calories. Cheers!

ETA: I enjoy wine the most. It should really be more about what you enjoy most and keeping the quantity manageable
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I make a delicious, refreshing drink, it's 70 calories. I take fresh basil and mash it up, add 1/2 a ring of mashed up pineapple, add Sprite Zero and a shot of Coconut Infused Vodka. It's kind of like a Pina Colada with out all the heavy creaminess.
  • lsheriow
    lsheriow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree or Bombay gin.

• PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I just mix vodka with crystal light.

This!

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's all preference. I like to have a strong IPA (or double IPA) a few times a week (weekends normally) and can make a single beer last upwards of an hour sipping it out of a nice IPA glass.

If you know you're going to have one, once you select what you want, just plug it into your diary in the morning so you know those calories are taken up. Then back-fill the rest of your day.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can fit into your day. It is much easier to do a straight lower calorie liquor (like rum or vodka) with a calorie free mixer. My go to is rum & diet, but if I have room sometimes I'll do something else, my husband is a home brewer, and I need to make room for taste testing!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You can have what ever you want, but if you want more bang for your calorie buck I recommend Guinness. It's not bad for the calories and it's filling.

Googled this

"A 12-ounce serving of Guinness sets you back 125 calories—just 15 more than the same serving of Bud Light. Alcohol is beer's main calorie source, and since Guinness is just 4.2% ABV, it's relatively low in calories."
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Clear liquor has less calories than the color stuff. I like clear captain morgan rum mixed with diet dr pepper. Yum.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    what is the best kind to drink when you are watching your calorie intake???

Champagne or prosecco. Then again, the sparklers are the best alcohol to drink any time IMHO. (the calories average a little less per 5 oz serving than most still wines too)

You can have what ever you want, but if you want more bang for your calorie buck I recommend Guinness. It's not bad for the calories and it's filling.

Googled this

"A 12-ounce serving of Guinness sets you back 125 calories—just 15 more than the same serving of Bud Light. Alcohol is beer's main calorie source, and since Guinness is just 4.2% ABV, it's relatively low in calories."

"Guinness is Good For You" best advertising slogan ever

• mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Tequila + soda + lots of lime :)
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Vodka and ice water mixed with your favorite mio. Perfect summer drink and the extra Hydration helps.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Vodka and ice water mixed with your favorite mio. Perfect summer drink and the extra Hydration helps.

Can't count alcoholic drinks as hydration because of the dehydrating effects of the alcohol.

• princetonmayberry
    princetonmayberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    One that you enjoy? I had a Corona this afternoon (148 calories). You can drink anything by fitting it into your calorie goal.

So true
    rejectuf wrote: »
    Treat alcohol as you would a dessert. If you have room for it at the end of the day without blowing up your macros/calorie limit, enjoy some in moderation. You may not want to treat yourself daily, but there's no real harm in it as long as you are still hitting your daily goal.

For me, if I'm cutting I'll do straight bourbon and maybe some sour or other lighter beers.

Is bourbon less than most other liqours
  • princetonmayberry
    princetonmayberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wooow a ton of great ideas thanks everybody