Some new friends would really help!

Options
My name is Casey. Im 14 years old, and 214lbs. (please dont judge) I know im young but i really do need to loose weight. I dont want to be diagnosed with Diabietes at this young of an age. Im probably going to be diagnosed with depression.

I was on a swim team, but then i gave up. everyone on the team started to tease me about my weight and stuff. So i quit. I've been trying to loose weight since 5th grade, and that hasnt helped. My parents left me when i was 5 yrs old and that put alot of stress on me. Ever since i broke up with my latest boyfriend in December, Ive been gaining weight like crazy.

Feel free to add me. it would mean ALOT :)

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I will friend you but you got promise to focus on being healthy first and the weight will come off on its own> Ok?
  • biebersbabe99
    Options
    Okay.
  • L4iney
    L4iney Posts: 6
    Options
    Me too, we can be friends but I agree with previous post, no crazy stuff, just be good to yourself, smaller portions and get back in the pool, do it for yourself girl x
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I will add you and yes I agree health first and the weight will follow! Don't focus on how skinny you are but on how healthy you are the skinny will come. Eat right and get exercise!!
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Get yourself back into the pool!! We are here for you!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi Casey! i would love to be your friend! i think we've all been 14 before and know how tuff it can be! i for one was made fun of most of elem school, for being overweight! let me give you a glimpse into the future....let me start by telling you about the 1 bully that stands out for me, when he was little he had braces on his legs, (something wrong) he was teased, then he got them off and began to tease. he trough an apple at me once and told me an apple a day keeps the diet away! 15 yrs has passes since then and i ran into him, he must of forgot how mean he was to me, but i didn't and let me tell you time was NOT on his side. keep your chin up highschool will pass! that being said you said that both your parents left you? You MUST never blame yourself and understand that it was THEM not you! i am the mom of 3 daughters whose 10, 5 and 6months. my 10 and 5 year old have a different dad who got into some pretty heavy drugs and i took my girls away from him for their own safety, not that he tried to see them anyway, it was hard for my 10 yr old as she was old enough to know! i was honest with her and reassured her it was him and his sickness and nothing she could've done could prevent that! glad your here. look forward to seeing all the wonderful positive things that progress in your life! Don't let anything hold you down...let it give you the fuel you need to be great!
  • terri0702
    terri0702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above, I will add you to help support a healthy lifestyle.
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Sending a friend request :)
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you for being brave and taking a step out like this. You identified an area in your life that you want to work on and more importantly you identified that you will have greater results if you seek assistance from others. Keep up the good work! You will achieve this goal and lots more : )
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    I'd be happy to add you.

Remember MFP is not a diet, it's a tool to help you change your entire lifestyle. It's about making smarter choices and being more active. If you focus on those two, you will loose the extra weight, be fitter and healthier.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I will be more than happy to add you. I am an old man compared to you, but we can learn from each other. Our weights are near the same, so weight problems don't discriminate based on age. Friend request sent.