carb cycling

Options
Nix__89
Nix__89 Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone.

Just decided to introduce carb cycling into my weekly diet. Does any one else do this?

How many days do you do low carb moderate and high? And how low and how high do you go?

At maintenence I eat 250g of carbs a day. I was planning to do 2 days low carb (120g) and 4 days moderate (220g) and then one high carb (350g).

I lift weights 6 times a week. I am now starring to mix up my routine and instead of doing 4 bug session with loads of exercises I'm going to do 6 sessions with a small abiut of exercises supersetting and drop setting to keep heart rate high while putting stress on the muscles.

I follow joe donnelly and it was his workouts and carbcycling comments that made me want to give it a go :dizzy:

Please respond with any opinions or feel free to add me!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Cutting or bulking?
  • Nix__89
    Options
    Cutting
  • candicebee1
    candicebee1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a little over a week ago and it's been good. My week is:
    low, med, high, low, low, high, med. I'm trying to lose a little weight, gain muscle. I lost 3 lbs the first week :) I follow this for low and high. I don't do "no carb"
    s89vtgyd9alo.jpg
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nix__89 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Just decided to introduce carb cycling into my weekly diet. Does any one else do this?

How many days do you do low carb moderate and high? And how low and how high do you go?

At maintenence I eat 250g of carbs a day. I was planning to do 2 days low carb (120g) and 4 days moderate (220g) and then one high carb (350g).

I lift weights 6 times a week. I am now starring to mix up my routine and instead of doing 4 bug session with loads of exercises I'm going to do 6 sessions with a small abiut of exercises supersetting and drop setting to keep heart rate high while putting stress on the muscles.

I follow joe donnelly and it was his workouts and carbcycling comments that made me want to give it a go :dizzy:

Please respond with any opinions or feel free to add me!

Curious, but what was it that he said about carb cycling that made you want to give it a go? Your macro layout sounds right. Are you timing it at all based on workout volume -- like, high carbs on a heavier/high volume day? :)
  • Nix__89
    Options
    Thank you!

I decided to give it ago after reading a post by Joe Donnelly - and I thought it would help me for when I want to go out on the weekend to use that as my high day - where I train legs and shoulders. But the low and moderate do not depend on my workout that day :)
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just finished a cycle. I liked it but also really started missing certain foods on the low carb days. Im now much more satisfied being able to have more fruit/vegetables daily.. but carb cycling is def worth a go :)
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also i just felt like I was eating sooo much protein and it was making my sodium levels quite high compared to now where they're quite low !