Help me not eat the banana bread!!!!

My roommate is making my favorite banana bread with chocolate chips in it. Give me any reason, silly or serious, not to eat it. This Is my first big craving! Haalp!

Replies

• mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Banana bread has cooties. Big ones! Those chocolate chips? Not chips. Cooties. Stay away!

• classyBC
    classyBC Posts: 16 Member
    Banana bread has cooties. Big ones! Those chocolate chips? Not chips. Cooties. Stay away!

COOTIESSS!!! grosssssssssssss.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Work it into your cals for the day!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Ok, maybe not cooties. :wink: CatHunter has it right that you should work it into your calories but sometimes cooties are the only thing I can think of. Sneaky ninja fat cooties. I have a great banana bread recipe and will definitely have a slice when I make it. So maybe the cooties are only in the second slice?
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    edited May 2015
    Ignore all the people who will say, "just eat some". Eating "some" will make you want more. Then you'll either eat more and be sad/mad/annoyed about it, or you'll obsess about the banana bread for as long as it exists. You'll eat more nutritious food as a substitute for the banana bread you want, but then you'll eat too much of that, and then there's a chance that you'll just eat the damned banana bread later anyway, and you'll be WAY over your allowance for the day.

Open the windows so the baking smell wafts out, brush your teeth, chew gum, and go for a walk.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    classyBC wrote: »
    My roommate is making my favorite banana bread with chocolate chips in it. Give me any reason, silly or serious, not to eat it. This Is my first big craving! Haalp!

Did you really start this thread twice? What was wrong with all the advice you got on the first thread the other day?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Why suffer? Learn how to fit it into your daily calories. Are you never, ever going to eat bread? It's best to learn now than to suffer later because you never learned how to eat all foods you love in moderation. :flowerforyou:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Why suffer? Learn how to fit it into your daily calories. Are you never, ever going to eat bread? It's best to learn now than to suffer later because you never learned how to eat all foods you love in moderation. :flowerforyou:

Yeah, we told her this, over and over, the other day. Apparently it didn't take, because here is the same thread. Again.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    jlahorn wrote: »
    Ignore all the people who will say, "just eat some". Eating "some" will make you want more. Then you'll either eat more and be sad/mad/annoyed about it, or you'll obsess about the banana bread for as long as it exists. You'll eat more nutritious food as a substitute for the banana bread you want, but then you'll eat too much of that, and then there's a chance that you'll just eat the damned banana bread later anyway, and you'll be WAY over your allowance for the day.

Open the windows so the baking smell wafts out, brush your teeth, chew gum, and go for a walk.

...are you serious?

Being able to "eat some" is actually an indication of having an appropriate, healthy relationship with food.

You want some? Go for it. Just make sure it fits your calories/macros for the day. A slice of banana bread is like 100-150ish cals (at least when I make it); if you can't fit that in your day, then don't eat it. But there's no need to demonize food.

That goes for you too, OP. Who needs two threads about banana bread? WHO?
  • bas0128
    bas0128 Posts: 52 Member
    You might OD on potassium
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »

Yeah, we told her this, over and over, the other day. Apparently it didn't take, because here is the same thread. Again.

Aaahhh... I've been away from the threads for the past few days. Well, at least she can't say nobody gave her good advice when she binges because of deprivation. :confused:
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member

This^^
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    ...are you serious?

Being able to "eat some" is actually an indication of having an appropriate, healthy relationship with food.

You want some? Go for it. Just make sure it fits your calories/macros for the day. A slice of banana bread is like 100-150ish cals (at least when I make it); if you can't fit that in your day, then don't eat it. But there's no need to demonize food.

That goes for you too, OP. Who needs two threads about banana bread? WHO?

I'm completely serious. It is _SO_ incredibly much easier to make a temporary craving go away through force of will and continue on my day than it is to have completely unsatisfying amounts of calorie-dense foods. 150 calories of chocolate-chip banana bread is just a tease.

There's no demonization of "unhealthy" food here. I could have a small square of fudge and be done, or a single serving of brie, or one piece of bacon, no problem, but for foods that are NOT satisfying to me in small quantities, like cake and cookies, skipping them entirely (most of the time :) ) works much better. I know I'm not the only one, and maybe that's why the OP felt s/he needed different advice.

• classyBC
    I think I need to say a few things.

I didn't want to eat the banana bread because I knew I would eat too much and I would go over my calorie limit.

Having two threads was an accident.

Also, I didn't want to start a war here. I knew I shouldn't eat the banana bread because I probably wouldn't be able to control myself. And it would be nice if people recognized the effort I put in to come to the forum than stuff my face. I know what is best for myself. Like^ said there are some food items you just need to skip.

Support should be about helping someone with their goals, not telling them they are doing it all wrong.
    Some of these comments got very negative.
    Let's work together people.
    That's what the support and motivation category is all about!

Also I appreciate every comment. My craving has passed and I probably could eat a piece now without stuffing my face. I just need some help staying in control.

<3
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    You need to THROW the entire loaf out the kitchen window as far as you possibly can, hoping not to hit any meandering children riding bikes who may pass by. It is very insulting that your roommate would do such a thing to you. You should take this very seriously. PASS THE LOAF.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member

I agree you'll just want more DON'T EAT THE BREAD!!
  • classyBC
    There is nothing wrong with having a bit of banana bread. I just no longer want to be a slave to my cravings.:)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Support should be about helping someone with their goals, not telling them they are doing it all wrong.
    <3

Unless, of course, they are doing it wrong, because telling them so would be helpful.

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Well, everyone knows that a kitten is brutally killed whenever someone eats a slice of banana bread. Just think of the kitties!

Kittens-3-animals-34865509-1680-1050.jpg
    ^ "Puh-puh-puh-please don't kill me." :(

Banana bread does sound pretty tasty, but I'd rather have a brownie. Brownies don't kill kittens, right?!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    There is nothing wrong with having a bit of banana bread. I just no longer want to be a slave to my cravings.:)

What would you like to be a slave to?