pumped up

Options
Excited to lose weight. Do anybody have a image that they see there body. Flat stomach toned arms and legs my butt finally will gets some recognition before all u saw was big boobs and stomach. I see it and i will get there just need to stay focus

Replies

• cortney876
    cortney876 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im telling myself that this is wkrking and the scale not saying much but my clothes i mite be going crazy but they are fitting loose. Or did i wear the material out washed to much and now its stretched. Nope im staying focus i dont care what the truth is right now i feel good actually want to run on the treadmill when i get home although that run may last 2mins if that but hey i can walk at a fast pace well 2.9 for an hour.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    87ahansfranz1.jpg

Pump, pump, pump it up.
  • cortney876
    Options
    Lololol
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Cortney, you're setting yourself up for failure if you have an image in your mind of what you might look like at your goal weight. You can't control where your body loses or gains weight. Just look at the scales and give thanks every time you lose. If you're not losing where you think you should lose, but instead are losing in other places, it could make you give up. Don't do that!!!!
  • cortney876
    Options
    That makes sense cuz i am easily steered to giving up
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have an old picture from before I gained weight and that was what I was hoping to get back to. I realized early on though that even if I got down to that size again; I was going to have stretch marks where I didn't have any before. There was a distinct possibility of even some lose skin. I even accepted the possibility that my stomach wasn't going to look near as nice as it did since I had just had a wonderful little boy (and now I have 2) and I had let myself become morbidly obese. That was my starting focus though. Now I try not to focus so much on how I look, but more on what I can do.

However, if you have never been your goal weight as an adult then I suggest focusing on things that are more in your control. Things like running faster or longer or increasing the amount you can lift and well things of that nature.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    cortney876 wrote: »
    That makes sense cuz i am easily steered to giving up

Don't do it this time! Keep on keeping on! Whatever your body looks like at your goal weight, will it not look better that it does now? And will you not feel better than you feel now? Make the decision, hon, and don't look back.
  • cortney876
    Options
    I hear ya. Another thing is waiting for your spouse or someone close to you not notice or they do notice and don't say nothing. Or you ask them how much you think i way and they add on 100 pounds
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Cortney, you're setting yourself up for failure if you have an image in your mind of what you might look like at your goal weight. You can't control where your body loses or gains weight. Just look at the scales and give thanks every time you lose. If you're not losing where you think you should lose, but instead are losing in other places, it could make you give up. Don't do that!!!!

I'm going to have to both agree and disagree with this statement. You aren't setting yourself up for failure by imagining what you'll look like when you're reached your goal weight. I have a vision of myself looking smoking hot in yoga pants and a sports bra and by God, I am going to make that happen. I'll also be purchasing some nice new bras a Victoria Secret once my boobs are small enough to fit into their largest size bras!!!

Like atypicalsmith said, you can't control where you lose. You can't spot reduce, but you can get down to your goal weight and then start strength training to tone your body up. You can do anything you set your mind to. Don't get discouraged, stick with it and you'll see results.
  • cortney876
    Options
    Thank you. All yesterday i didnt stick to nothing. I didn't log my food. Im starting to see that its harder to do a calories count on my off days and being home all day.