Feeling sad and frustrated more than usual

Options
Just really down the last two days. Been eating 80/20 or better and working out 5 days a week past couple months. Scale has moved a bit and I can tell a small difference in waist. But this is my millionth time doing this, also never make it all the way to goal.

Feels like someone punched me in the stomach and the sadness is like a huge dark cloud. I despise being overweight it has made me sad for far too long.

Just hoping for what seems like a miracle.

Replies

• susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you know to be right and wait the sadness will pass. don't give into it and do what you have always done before. feel the pain and wait for it to pass it will. you never know when but it will.
  • MandareenDream
    MandareenDream Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awe don't be sad girl! What are you doing in your workouts? I found once I incorporated plyo and strength training into the mix I started losing fat and gaining muscle along with a smaller body. It's more toned then anything. I'm also doing the 80/20 thang. It is more convenient then doing 100% however if you can do it 100% for 30 days and incorporate plyo and strength training in one routine you'd get the results you are looking for. I'm gonna friend request you in case you want to brain storm.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I understand, Layla... I just got on the scale today and realized I have gained everything I lost a couple of years ago, plus half!! I am at my heaviest I have ever been. The only thing we can do is take it one day at a time, and make each day the best we can. The rest will sort itself out. Hang in there and try to smile! And whatever you do....don't give up!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Best things I learned from MFP...

"Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard." (if you are going to be miserable being fat, and miserable while dieting -- you may as well be miserable while dieting... at least that has a chance at making a difference... being miserable while fat just tends to make you fatter... you seem to want to be miserable either way, so pick the one that might lead to change)

"Its not what you eat today that matters, it is what you eat every day that matters" (one day does not make or break your "diet").

"You can have anything you want, you just cant have everything you want every time you want it" (dont give up anything you love - work it into your calories and macros so you get it at least sometimes).

• laylabronx
    laylabronx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments, it's good to have support. I don't usually talk about it much but this time I feel like it's necessary for my sanity.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Struggle is part of life regardless if your fat or in shape. I also have been feeling pretty down and not wanting to workout but I refuse to give up and accept defeat. You just have to fight through it and see it through..you'll thank yourself later for not giving up.
  • laylabronx
    Options
    Very true.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    laylabronx wrote: »
    Just really down the last two days. Been eating 80/20 or better and working out 5 days a week past couple months. Scale has moved a bit and I can tell a small difference in waist. But this is my millionth time doing this, also never make it all the way to goal.

Feels like someone punched me in the stomach and the sadness is like a huge dark cloud. I despise being overweight it has made me sad for far too long.

Just hoping for what seems like a miracle.

Hugs. I feel you.
  • healthyforem
    healthyforem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel you!! My first 29 lbs came off and now I am stuck and beyond frustrated!! I still have 47 lbs to go and for the past 5 weeks I've either stayed the same and even gained!! Some days a dark hole to just sleep sounds perfect. I made my husband take a picture of me yesterday and it helped to see all the change - might be an idea? I just keep looking at it and it helps boost me :)
  • laylabronx
    Options
    Thank you so much. Pictures do help a lot.
  • Sheydon326
    Sheydon326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Best things I learned from MFP...

"Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard." (if you are going to be miserable being fat, and miserable while dieting -- you may as well be miserable while dieting... at least that has a chance at making a difference... being miserable while fat just tends to make you fatter... you seem to want to be miserable either way, so pick the one that might lead to change)

"Its not what you eat today that matters, it is what you eat every day that matters" (one day does not make or break your "diet").

"You can have anything you want, you just cant have everything you want every time you want it" (dont give up anything you love - work it into your calories and macros so you get it at least sometimes).

I love this! I have been struggling the last few days, too. I feel like all of these things speak to me.