Do you add zero Calorie Drinks to Diary

Options
I am new to counting calories and am still learning new things everyday. I am now stuck on one question do you put your non-Calorie drinks in your tracker? I am talking about drinks like Propel water, Crystal light and sugar free drinks. Help me I am on a roll of 9lbs down and don't want to miss something major.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't, but you can if you want to.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sometimes - if it has a bar code I usually will. If it is just something like ice tea I don't. But I have no actual reason for why I do or don't.
  • PenguinCounter
    PenguinCounter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Only if you want to track additional sodium intake.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    if you want to keep track of it then go for it
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ok so it wont back fire on me if I don't add them since they have no calories right?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ok so it wont back fire on me if I don't add them since they have no calories right?

They don't necessarily have 0 calories, but less than 5 per serving means that they aren't required to label it. In the grand scheme of things, it probably won't impact much or anything at all unless you're taking in large number of servings on a consistent basis.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I probably should, since a lot of them have sodium in them, but I don't.
  • jonrenly
    jonrenly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Only if I feel like it.... I drink a lot of coffee with artificial sweeteners and diet soda... I dont really ever track the coffee but I'll sometimes track the soda
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Only if you are keeping track of sodium. Just remember extra salt intake can lead to water weight so you may want to track to see if what your trends are.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    No, I never do.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Well if you want to be technical they do have calories (everything except plain water), but it's less than 5 calories and it would be pretty hard to drink enough of them to take you out of a calorie deficit.

I don't even log crystal light which is 5 calories a serving. There is no way I'm going to be drinking 120 servings in a day. That's like 960 oz of crystal light flavored water. I drink maybe 35 calories worth some days, but ya it's not worth logging.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    If you use MFP only for weight loss/gain/maintenance then it really doesn't matter. Personally, I'm interested in other aspects also such as how what I eat makes me feel so when I'm in strict logging mode I tend to log everything.
  • prettyleelee
    Options
    OK thank you guys I really hate the taste of regular water and bottle water so I try and drink Propel and flavored waters so I at least get enough in.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't. And diet sodas usually have around 100 mg, which is a sliver of the recommended amounts.
  • prettyleelee
    Options
    I don't do diet sodas the after taste is horrible for me. It also leads me to wanting a real soda which I can not have.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I am new to counting calories and am still learning new things everyday. I am now stuck on one question do you put your non-Calorie drinks in your tracker? I am talking about drinks like Propel water, Crystal light and sugar free drinks. Help me I am on a roll of 9lbs down and don't want to miss something major.

I personally do because they contain sodium (some more than others).