I feel like I'm stuck

Options
dawn_lacy
dawn_lacy Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have been counting my calories for 357 days. I did really good in the beginning. I lost the 24 pounds I needed too and I felt great. But keeping it off have been so hard. Has anyone else had this happen? I keep gaining and loosing the same 5 pounds. I guess it should be greatful it's only 5 pounds. I don't find enjoyment it working out anymore. But I love to walk. It helps release stress. I have 3 boys and they don't like going for those long walks with me. Anyone have any advice or tips or a willing foot to kick me in the butt to get motivated again?

Replies

• Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I won't be any help because I can hardly weight to lose the same 5 pounds over and over again. My goal is to weigh 120 and when I hit 125 I'll cut back for a month. I'm 138 now so I have a long way to go.
  • FitnessGirl_Smile15
    FitnessGirl_Smile15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me for support :smile:
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my stupid pun on words, seriously I really can wait.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I know that maintaining is supposed to be a lot harder than weight loss. When I get to my goal I plan to spend a lot of time reading the maintaining the weight forums for a lot of good advice. Maybe you should too. I also have lost weight in the past but gained it back. I think it's about keeping active with something you really enjoy as well as weighing yourself regularly so as not to let it get away from you. But again, reading the forums in the maintenance section would probably be the best thing to do at this point.
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    dawn_lacy wrote: »
    I have been counting my calories for 357 days. I did really good in the beginning. I lost the 24 pounds I needed too and I felt great. But keeping it off have been so hard. Has anyone else had this happen? I keep gaining and loosing the same 5 pounds. I guess it should be greatful it's only 5 pounds. I don't find enjoyment it working out anymore. But I love to walk. It helps release stress. I have 3 boys and they don't like going for those long walks with me. Anyone have any advice or tips or a willing foot to kick me in the butt to get motivated again?
    Great that you lost 24lbs but in 357 days surely you should of lost more :/? Never the less just get back on track you would of lost a lot more weight maybe double or more if you were counting and weighing everything everyday for 357 days surely

• dawn_lacy
    dawn_lacy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only wanted to loose 24 pounds. I only wanted to go down to 165 I feel that's a good weight for me. I feel good I'm not too boney but I dont feel sloppy either. I just have a really hard time staying there. I think I will check in to the some artical about maintaining the weight. Thanks!!