insanity month 2 HELP

Options
i just started month 2 of insanity yesterday and it is KILLING ME. anyone have any tips to keep pushing yourself? I've come this far.. don't wanna quit but i feel like I'm getting nowhere because of the breaks i take and how slow i am compared to shaun t and his crew. please help!

Replies

• JTB51
    JTB51 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    As Tony Horton says i P90X "Do your beat nd forget the rest". If you have to modify you work out so you aren't killing yourself on the first half, slow your pace down so you can do the fulll dvd and not just half or 3/4. Over time you will be able to push harder and harder until you are at their level.
  • JTB51
    JTB51 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Do your best*
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @mtringali13 What @JTB51 said! I'm in month two, week two. I admit it isn't easy but I have learned that it doesn't matter if I can't keep up with these folks in the video, let alone Shaun T. I modify quite a few things! I keep going though when I catch my breath or if I can't get the hang of all of the new moves. Just remember when you started out in your first & second week. Remember when it started getting a little bit easier? That's what's going to happen again. You're doing an excellent job! Just keep it up, you've got this!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've just started month two and it is a b&*^h! However, I think back to the very first day and I have come so far and know that these ones will get easier. I can't even do some of the moves but I try and that's what matters. If you feel it really is beyond you at this point then go back and do another round of month one if you think you can stay motivated enough. Had yesterday been way too hard it's what I would have done, this is about doing what you can within your limits at this time.

I will admit to being slightly pleased that Tonia finally "broke" though, she's human after all!
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Okay, I had an issue with the first month disk yesterday so switched the Tuesday workout with the Monday. So although I am on day 2 I did day 1 today. All I can say is that I can see why you have reservations! The second workout isn't quite so bad I don't think and I did it straight after the fit test. So keep going, you'll be fine!

As a side note, side suicide jumps shouldn't be a thing. Ugh.
  • amdawells
    Options
    Okay, I had an issue with the first month disk yesterday so switched the Tuesday workout with the Monday. So although I am on day 2 I did day 1 today. All I can say is that I can see why you have reservations! The second workout isn't quite so bad I don't think and I did it straight after the fit test. So keep going, you'll be fine!

I totally agree with you on the suicide jumps! Holy Cow! Tonya is quite the machine, isn't she? How about Arielle? I honestly believe she looks more defined than she did in the first month. She's a beast!

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Lol I Remember When I Started Month One I Was Like "Oh My This Is Horrible", Than I Got To Month Two And I Wanted To Go Back To Month One! It Gets Easier Just How Month One Did As You Progressed.. Keep It Up And You'll Make It! I Lost 25lbs With Insanity!!
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    amdawells wrote: »

I totally agree with you on the suicide jumps! Holy Cow! Tonya is quite the machine, isn't she? How about Arielle? I honestly believe she looks more defined than she did in the first month. She's a beast!

Yes! Arielle and the switch kicks on the ground, I mean really lady, way to show me up slipping on my sweaty hands only able to just about step them out! God I wish I was 12 year old gymnast me again, I'd kick all their butts. I'm wondering what tomorrow will bring, I don't preview because I'd really just rather not know.

• justinemcd21
    justinemcd21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do month 2 insanity workout and my best advice it to eat 1 cup of complex carbs about 30 minutes before starting, you will find yourself lasting longer and your endurance will be stronger :)
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Take extra breaks if you have to. Go slower, especially on the third circuit. Drink more water. Stick to it, it gets better.

Max Pushups (I forget the real name) is the toughest workout in the program for me. The good news is that Max Cardio for me is easier than Pure Cardio in month one. You get a lot of short breaks where he shows the move. Pure Cardio is less time but more go-go-go.
  • amdawells
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @VintageFeline
    I've only previewed the first day of month two. I was curious how long it was going to be & what type of sets they were going to have incorporated in the workouts. It was probably a good thing for me to know what to expect. I did, however, break down the fit test & the initial hour long video. I probably could have pushed through, but I was a sissy & waited a few hours.
    As for week two, I've had a ridiculous head cold & haven't been able to do anything. Ignore even lean over to tie my shoes, my head feels like it may explode. Fabulous timing, right? I've done so well too! Serves me right for bragging that I've not been sick all year, lol.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Got to love it when a cold puts a spanner in the works! You'll be back on it in no time, although there is a recommendation to repeat a week prior so you ease back into it again. Not sure I would personally do the sensible thing and follow this advice though.............

I've now done all of the month two workouts once, today being the "recovery". I have a yoga mat burn on my elbow from that bad boy and I slightly strained my lower abs (that's my lesson on using proper form). I think month two might kill me!
  • jenspears31
    jenspears31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3...love it but definately scared of what month 2 brings.
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I finished insanity max 30 last month... It's gets harder but you did the hard part already by starting the workout and completing month 1. Just keep pushing play... Just get started after the first couple minutes you will get into it and finish...
  • amdawells
    Options
    Got to love it when a cold puts a spanner in the works! You'll be back on it in no time, although there is a recommendation to repeat a week prior so you ease back into it again. Not sure I would personally do the sensible thing and follow this advice though.

Now you've got me thinking that may not be a bad idea. I don't know ... I would like to continue but I don't want anymore setbacks. I'm going to start week two, month two & see how I feel. One week isn't so bad. I'm just thankful its not an injury that is keeping me off. The first attempt at Insanity, I pulled a muscle in my back & took time off to heal. It took a looong while to get motivated enough to start back up again. Being so far into this now, I'm definitely more than motivated to finish! :smiley:
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    amdawells wrote: »
    Got to love it when a cold puts a spanner in the works! You'll be back on it in no time, although there is a recommendation to repeat a week prior so you ease back into it again. Not sure I would personally do the sensible thing and follow this advice though.

Now you've got me thinking that may not be a bad idea. I don't know ... I would like to continue but I don't want anymore setbacks. I'm going to start week two, month two & see how I feel. One week isn't so bad. I'm just thankful its not an injury that is keeping me off. The first attempt at Insanity, I pulled a muscle in my back & took time off to heal. It took a looong while to get motivated enough to start back up again. Being so far into this now, I'm definitely more than motivated to finish! :smiley:

Well I've only gone and pulled a muscle, in my LOWER ABDOMINALS! On recovery day. Who does that!? So I am resting today, will see how I'm doing tomorrow and may need another day or two to be fit enough to continue. I can confirm it rather hurts and you use your core for absolutely everything. Got to laugh or I'd cry.

I am wondering what to do post Insanity though, T25 or Max 30.........
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    T25 And Max 30 Are Both Great
  • amdawells
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @VintageFeline I hope you're on the mend, that stinks! Like you, I'm looking for something to try after Insanity. So many choices to choose from, it's difficult to decide. Strength training comes to mind, at least that narrows it down some! ;)
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    @amdawells Yes, finally completed week 1 of month 2 with some slight modifications and really concentrating on technique, nearly full healed, phew!

I think I'll take some time off and do some Fitness Blender/Youtube stuff. Strength training isn't for me as I can't get to a gym and doing it at home not an option (no space). I think I'll go for Max 30, get it out of the way before I start university in October then hopefully I can go into maintenance during term time with less frequent workouts until the holidays!
  • amdawells
    Options
    @VintageFeline How's Insanity treating you? I had to take two weeks off. The first week I had a nasty head cold, week two I was dizzy & had no energy then last Wednesday I pulled a muscle, somehow, by stepping down off of a step. Yesterday was my first day back & I'm so glad I took your advice & went back to recovery week. I felt like a weakling! It's crazy what two weeks with no cardio can do to you.