Please post your favorite low carb dinners!!

Options
xraetulo
xraetulo Posts: 11 Member
i love to cook, and dinner is my favorite meal of the day, but keeping it low carb is sometimes hard for me because I love pasta and rice and vegetables. Ideas?

Replies

• lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash!
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Char-crusted Ahi Tuna with 2 cups of spinach sauteed with garlic, salt, and olive oil.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always use the same formula for my low carb dinners: A Protein or Fish of choice with a side of roasted or sauteed veggies.
    My favorite combos include ground beef with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, salmon spritzed with lemon with sauteed asparagus and mushrooms, chicken breast with sauteed squash and onions (sprinkle with parmesan cheese and italian herbs!!)... the possibilities are pretty much endless!

If you still crave pasta and rice with your dinner you could always try Spaghetti Squash or riced cauliflower as a substitute!
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps with a good filling (chicken teriyaki for example)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Any type of grilled meat/seafood and roasted vegetables.

If you love pasta and want to lower carbs, you might try Fiber Gourmet pasta. I recommend it on here a lot, but it's because it has helped me so much, as I also am a pasta lover. It has 20g of fiber per 2 oz serving, so while it is high carb, it is pretty low net carb.

If it's the sauce you love more than the pasta, then spaghetti squash or spiralized vegetables with pasta sauce might be a good choice.
  • SterlingGafford
    SterlingGafford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Olive oil has a TON of calories, so I like to use Smart Balance which has about 120cal./T OO contains about 540/T. With that in mind.... Cajun Baked Salmon:
    The Stuff:
    Cajun Spice Rub: (in a Tupperware container) mix
    1T salt
    2T sweet paprika
    3/4 tsp white pepper
    3/4 tsp cayenne
    3/4 blk pepper
    1/2 tsp onion pwd
    1/2 tsp garlic pwd
    1/2 tsp dry mustard
    1/4 tsp dried thyme
    1/4 tsp dried sweet basil

1 lg Lemon
    1T Smart Balance Oil
    6T diced chive
    1Cup Adparagus

The doing:

-Preheat Oven to 400
    -dot top of Salmon (~4-6oz) with half oil and toss the rest of oil with the asparagus
    -dust top of fillet and asparagus liberally
    with spice rub, and squeeze half lemon juice over fillet
    -place both in oven safe baking dish and bake for ~15min for med rare or ~6min per inch of thickness.
    -Asparagus will have a bite to it (which is how I like it), but 5min more and it will be soft

I like this because it's quick, healthy, nearly 2carbs and the veg and protein finish together.

Enjoy
  • SterlingGafford
    SterlingGafford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and top salmon w/ chive before baking, and use other half of lemon on all after baking
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Low carb? Either zucchini cut into noodles with marinara and mozerella. Or. Baked tilapia with sauteed veggies on the side.