Lofty Weight Loss Goal - 100lbs!

Options
Brandigirl76
Brandigirl76 Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm Brandi and I am embarking upon a major weight loss journey. I've lost 10 lbs in my first 2 weeks on here and have 100 lbs more to go!

Food prepping has been critical for me, but the cravings and no eating after 6, has been TOUGH!!

I've been pretty consistent with staying below 1300 net calories. The physical exercise will need to increase. Right now, I inconsistently walk my dogs after work.

My love affair with food, and I mean good food, runs deep. This is a MAJOR overhaul for me! I'm also trying to cut out sugar and carbs (haven't been entirely successful with this one).

Any words of wisdom or kindred spirits who would like to join me in my journey, please feel free to reach out!

Best wishes for us is all!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foods you like but just stay at your calorie goal. No use torturing yourself anymore than you already think you are.
  • stephgriff
    stephgriff Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Like NCBOILER89 said, don't torture yourself. I've lost majority of my weight by just eating 6 small meals a day. I didn't deprive myself off of carbs. If I wanted rice, I ate rice... but only 1 cup of rice, and it was brown rice or quinoa. If i wanted noodles, I ate noodles, .... whole grain noodles. It's just the type of carb that you want to watch out for. Hell, I still eat Pizza... I save that day for my high protien days! You can do this girl! I believe in you.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady, remember weight loss is not linear, just don't give up, when you go up. I did it, many other have done it and you will suceed as well.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to cut out sugar and carbs? I've lose over 100 pounds eating both, though in smaller quantities than before.
  • Brandigirl76
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding! I'm not completing eliminating sugar or carbs but I have greatly reduced them.

It's certainly not like I haven't attempted weight loss previously, but this time I am putting in the work to track and prepare. Very different from what I've done in the past. I'm also trying to refrain from "cheat days" but have endulged in small portions of food items in craving. Example, my husband orders this cinnamon roll bread pudding following dinner the other night, and I did have a bite of this delicious monstrosity. He then proceeded to devour the entire thing!

Again, appreciate the feedback and am thankful for the support!
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great! How about just focusing on the next 10 lbs? Slowly incorporate exercise into you everyday routine. There will be bad days but don't let them turn into bad weeks. Who says you can't eat after 6? If you have calories left have a small snack or save some calories if you are always hungry in the evenings.
    We all have a love affair with food but it's important to have a love for yourself and your health also.
    Having a single bite of your husbands dessert is not going to hurt you.
  • Hoppo39
    Hoppo39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi congratulations on making the decision to lose weight. I have lost 105lbs in total in just under two years. So it's definitely achievable. I think it's best to set smaller goals. Don't think about the 100lbs. I would concentrate on 14lbs at a time. I would like to lose another 23lbs and them I'm at goal. Good luck x

• brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandi (from another Brandy). I'm right there with you. I've lost 10 pounds but have about 90 pounds to go. I've tried and failed and tried and failed many times, but this time I've got the added "motivation" of being prediabetic. So, I'm semi-tracking my food because I'm curious as to how the calories and nutrients stack up in what I'm eating...but in large part I am more focused on eating what I call eating clean. I'm trying to avoid processed foods as much as possible, I eat carbs but I am trying to make them from healthy sources like veggies, fruits and whole wheat breads/pastas. I'm also trying to avoid sources of refined sugar. When I use dairy products, I skip the low fat varieties and go for whole fat (other than milk, I have used 2% since I was a kid and I'm just used to it)...the flavor goes a long way. I've also found keeping nuts and seeds around to munch on does a lot to ward off cravings. Drinking lots of water helps, too! I haven't sworn anything off, but if I eat something that is not in line with my eating goals, I try to eat a very small quantity of it.

Good luck on your journey. It isn't easy, but you can get through it. Find that thing that makes losing weight worth it and make it your mantra. Mine is simple enough but it is meaningful for me and somehow makes it easier to make the right decisions when I am faced with an obstacle. "I don't want to be diabetic, I don't want to leave my kiddos without a mother and my husband without a wife."
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You can eat after 6. That's just one of those little hints and tricks that some people come up with. If it works for you, fine. But if you are having hunger pains, then have a snack! Just keep fruits or low-cal snacks around.

The most important thing is to accurately log every single bite that goes in your mouth. And if you have a few hundred calories left and it's 9pm...have a banana :)
  • 1236brandyrussell
    1236brandyrussell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    brandyosu wrote: »
    Hi Brandi (from another Brandy). I'm right there with you. I've lost 10 pounds but have about 90 pounds to go. I've tried and failed and tried and failed many times, but this time I've got the added "motivation" of being prediabetic. So, I'm semi-tracking my food because I'm curious as to how the calories and nutrients stack up in what I'm eating...but in large part I am more focused on eating what I call eating clean. I'm trying to avoid processed foods as much as possible, I eat carbs but I am trying to make them from healthy sources like veggies, fruits and whole wheat breads/pastas. I'm also trying to avoid sources of refined sugar. When I use dairy products, I skip the low fat varieties and go for whole fat (other than milk, I have used 2% since I was a kid and I'm just used to it)...the flavor goes a long way. I've also found keeping nuts and seeds around to munch on does a lot to ward off cravings. Drinking lots of water helps, too! I haven't sworn anything off, but if I eat something that is not in line with my eating goals, I try to eat a very small quantity of it.

Good luck on your journey. It isn't easy, but you can get through it. Find that thing that makes losing weight worth it and make it your mantra. Mine is simple enough but it is meaningful for me and somehow makes it easier to make the right decisions when I am faced with an obstacle. "I don't want to be diabetic, I don't want to leave my kiddos without a mother and my husband without a wife."
    :) hi I'm another brandy that needs to loose a 100 lbs I did a low carb diabetic diet and lost weight but then I plateaued out so I'm trying to count calories now . I'm trying to add more fruits and veggies to my diet . I need some good workout advice love to here from you. Good luck !
    brandyosu wrote: »

• kmarieb83
    kmarieb83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am down ten with 65 to go myself! Sounds like you are motivated and are going to be consistent! Nice work and nice to meet you!
  • Brandigirl76
    Options
    I love the replies!! I really am being very diligent about tracking everything I eat. I'm thinking of buying a small scale for the kitchen to accurately weigh my proteins.

And I'm not always great about not eating late. I'm heading home from work and can't wait to bite into some baked chicken from last evening.

Exercise is a serious block for me. I would rather control what I eat than work out in my current state of fatigue. Even walking my pups causes pain my back and legs. In all honestly, I'm not ashamed to admit I am seriously lazy when it comes to exercise. How much to do you think exercise impacts weight loss if you're managing your caloric intake??
  • fallensbane
    fallensbane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Seems like you are on the right track, I find foodscale and lots and lots of water is key. Keep that water going so whenever you decide to scale yourself you are retaining as little water weight as possible. 100 llbs is a lofty goal but completely within your reach. I am currently on a 100lb weight loss plan. As of now I have shed 32.4 lbs according to my tracker. It has been around 2.5 months. The main thing I feel is to concentrate on the smaller pieces of the hole. Work on that 10lbs, then that next 10lbs etc.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I love the replies!! I really am being very diligent about tracking everything I eat. I'm thinking of buying a small scale for the kitchen to accurately weigh my proteins.

Not just your proteins! Weigh everything that's solid. Seriously, it's eye-opening.
    And I'm not always great about not eating late. I'm heading home from work and can't wait to bite into some baked chicken from last evening.

Calories don't know, nor do they care, what time of day it is. Eat on whatever schedule suits you. If that means saving most of your calories for later in the day, that's fine. Just plan for it so you don't graze and blow your calorie budget before getting home. Pre-logging your food for the day is really a great way to avoid getting derailed.
    Exercise is a serious block for me. I would rather control what I eat than work out in my current state of fatigue. Even walking my pups causes pain my back and legs. In all honestly, I'm not ashamed to admit I am seriously lazy when it comes to exercise. How much to do you think exercise impacts weight loss if you're managing your caloric intake??

Exercise is important for your overall health, and means you can eat more food while you're losing weight. But you can still lose weight without exercising, just by eating less than you burn.

As your weight comes down, you may find yourself wanting to exercise more, since it will be easier and more fun. That's what happened with me -- I barely even wanted to walk up a flight of stairs before I started, and now I just signed up for my first 5K run. I didn't push myself to do it; I was more surprised than anyone when I found myself starting to want to run and discovered it was fun. So don't push yourself -- you'll find something you enjoy.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You only need to focus on losing one pound. That's all you can do right now.

Then repeat it 100 times.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't think my question has anything to do with this forum but I still need help with this. Okay so starting at the end of 2013 and the beginning of last year I began to lose weight like a lot! I went from 298 to 165 I was able to achieve this by eating JUST 1 meal a day. I felt GREAT!! This was just so unexpected. I looked and felt great at the time. Ok now fast forward to this year and I'm gaining some of this weight back. I mean it's not like that much but it's stressing me out I'm now at 170/171lbs. I don't exercise at all, I mean I tried but it's not serious my Dr. Says I can't exercise as hard or as much as I would want to. So basically I lost over 100lbs eating 1 meal a day. I'm thinking about going vegan next month but I don't really know how I'm gonna go about it but I'm still researching. My MAIN problem is the amount of times I have to eat a day. I often hear that we're supposed to eat 6 small meals a day but since I'm really allowed to work out, I'm afraid that I'll gain all my weight back. Sooo does anyone have any good advice for me?? I'm really stressing about this

You need to create a new thread instead of posting a new question in someone else's.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My next goal is always the "decade". When I went below 170 . . . then below 160 . . . then below 150 . . . now I'm looking forward to getting below 140. It's cool because I see the same people all the time, and they aren't noticing a thing because I'm basically still wearing clothes that I wore 20 pounds ago. Some clothes that I wore five years ago which are starting to fit, but nothing new. I have a cute little dress I bought five years ago which was supposed to inspire me to lose weight (hah!) and at 170, I couldn't get it past my thighs. But little by little, it got a little better - past my thighs, zipped up a few inches, zipped up halfway, zipped up all the way but I looked like a cased sausage with rolls of fat, and last time I tried it on at 144 lbs, I could actually get away with wearing it, but it's still to small in my opinion. Another five or six pounds. The dress is very slimming, and THAT is when my weight loss will get noticed! I can't weight to fit comfortably in that dress!