T25!

Options
Anyone ever done T25? What were your results?

Replies

• shelley1832002
    shelley1832002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started the focus T25 last Wednesday. I measured myself in cms (rather then inches so I can see results more clearer) and weighed myself before I started and within 4 days I have lost 2lb, 2cm from waist, 2cm from thighs and 1cm from arms.. I would highly recommend doing it.
  • traciertanner5
    traciertanner5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just bought it start today
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Its a great program for beginners and those that are time strapped.
  • zebb610
    zebb610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done the entire T25 program from start to finish, including Gamma. It is an excellent program but as you see asked so many times on myfitnesspal, what are your goals? Do you want to be able to recover from quickly climbing 4 flights of stairs in seconds, or lift your own body weight and easily crank out pushups? Starting with an idea of my fitness level at the beginning of T25 I started with P90X3, which also has 30 minute workouts, and had completed 135 days of the program before starting T25. I lost 25 lbs doing P90X3 and approximately 5 lbs during the T25 program. Please realize with P90X3 I went from sitting on the couch eating whatever I wanted to logging what I eat and working out 6 times a week, so don’t let my results on the scale push you one way or another as I lost the “easy” weight with the first program. I could do all of the videos in Alpha without modifying but was still sore and huffing and puffing by the end of the videos. T25 is a fantastic cardio workout but really lacks any form of strength training to make it a well-rounded program. There are videos labeled as strength training but you will not see similar gains to those found in P90X3. If you struggle with pushups at all you will have trouble with the “strength” videos of T25 because it basically involves 3 minutes straight in the plank position. Total Body Circuit in alpha phase is the video I am referring to, and doing this once a week wasn’t enough for me to build up the strength to comfortably perform this maneuver. Coming from P90X3 I was able to do it, but it was HARD, and never got easier. Now that my complaint on the strength component is out of the way, this program will put you in extreme cardio shape. The best part is you don’t even realize it. Your body/breathing will learn to recover while jogging/moving, because you almost never stop in the video, just perform less intense moves. When you finish Gamma phase, go back to Alpha and try Speed 1.0, you will laugh at how slow the video seems compared to your first memories of starting the program. You WILL see results if you follow the T25 program. In summary P90X3: Strength training = Great, Cardio = ehh. T25: Strength training = ehh, Cardio = Great
    It might be worth noting T25 uses less equipment than P90X3.
  • Izuri
    Izuri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on T25 and have done Alpha for 7 weeks now. I had to start out modifying pretty much everything and now I'm modifying some still. My progress has been really great though - I can do FAR more than I could before. I have done other regular Beachbody programs (Not P90X or Insanity) and it seems a little harder than many of them. It's great cardio and it goes by really quickly. So far I have lost approximately 10 pounds. The first few weeks of it I didn't lose anything, but I made sure I was journaling accurately and just kept going and eventually it started coming off.
  • rsedig
    rsedig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    brian9363 wrote: »
    Anyone ever done T25? What were your results?

I like T25. I completed p90x twice and gained weight (muscle of course) . Being female, I like t25 better for the cardio but it does have strength training too and it's only 25 minutes. I alternate with running and treadmill too. I also play softball twice a week and volleyball once a week.
  • lizzynose
    lizzynose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have ordered t25 and am starting on Monday, I am nervous as I have never spent so much on a workout DVD set before!

Hoping I stick with it and lose a stone for summer then use that to lead into a long term healthier lifestyle. I have cleaned up my diet in preparation, I'm not counting calories but eating wholefoods, avoiding refined carbs, eating lots of protein etc.