going over the fat intake

Options
if i go over the fat intake but stay under the calorie goal some days will i still lose weight

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    yes
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yup
  • xicandox
    xicandox Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    so it doesnt matter if i go over now and then feel guilty when i do ;(
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Based on my experience, I would say "Probably." I tend to be high on fat and low on carbs, by the pie chart, but have lost 65 pounds since I started using MFP last July.

Your mileage may vary but weight and nutrition are a tangled puzzle, not a series of bullet points.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's just an arbitrary default macro setting in MFP...you can change your ratios...there's nothing magical about MFP's default macro setting. There are *kitten* loads of people who eat high fat diets...dietary fat doesn't make you fat...eating too many calories makes you fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matter for weight loss.

Fat is good for you. It helps with hormone regulation, vitamin absorption, healthy skin & nails, etc. A lot of us purposefully try to go over the fat recommendations daily.
  • xicandox
    Options
    oh thats great to hear ty all looking bk through my food charts i seem to go over the fat intake but low on carbs
  • xicandox
    Options
    been using mfp for 45 days so far lost 18lbs just wanted to make sure was still doing it right ty for your help feeling less guilty now
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It's fine. I probably eat more fat in a day than you do in 5 and I'm down 52lbs in 14 weeks.
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see this post and responses. I was just about to post the same question! Thanks, all.
  • beautychicks
    beautychicks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I thought I would search this question before posting too. Thank you all of you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on fat but under for everything else and am losing my target 1 # per week. I do 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    This thread is back? It's like a huge reminder that I need to eat more fat. Sigh.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm usually over on fat and under on carbs. Today was an exception!
  • gulogulo2014
    gulogulo2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol apparently most of my fat comes from cheese, mayo and various nuts.