Working out with a cold...

Options
I've been doing so good with going to the gym everyday. Yesterday I caught a gnarly cold ....is it bad to workout with a cold? I partially feel like I'm dying, but part of me has some motivation to go.

Please no smart *kitten* remarks....

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Please, don't go to the gym when you're sick. You have the potential of infecting other people.

Stay home, rest, and get back to it when you're well.
  • cat_caffeine
    cat_caffeine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please, don't go to the gym when you're sick. You have the potential of infecting other people.

Stay home, rest, and get back to it when you're well.

^ this
  • sweetaddiction257
    sweetaddiction257 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Typically the rule I always go with is; if the cold is in your head you're ok to workout as long as you feel like you can, always listen to your body, however if the cold is or moves into your chest don't workout (especially avoid cardio) its very hard on your respiratory system.

This is just my opinion, I'm not an expert or a doctor.

Hope you feel better!!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you want to workout then go for a walk or run if you feel up to it but please don't go to the gym. No one there wants your cold.
  • Jurra13
    Jurra13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks:) I wasn't necessarily talking about going to the gym. Just working out in general. I was wondering more along the lines if it will prolong my cold or make it worse if I was to go for a run. I went to the Dr. Yesterday. It's upper respiratory.... I mainly have congestion.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    905e2982c5eb02596d2366fce50cffbe.jpg
  • Jurra13
    Jurra13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That helps alot! Thanks:)
  • lgube283
    lgube283 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I too have a pretty gnarly cold right now and it is sort of derailing my fitness plans. But I've been doing very light cardio on my stationary bike at home to stay on track. Seems like it hasn't harmed me too much. :)