The reason I HAD TO LOSE WEIGHT

Options
ChinaLove23
ChinaLove23 Posts: 46 Member
I'm looking for new pals to stay motivated.
A little about me. I had the weight loss surgery and now I'm working out to get to my goal of 200 lbs. I was almost 400 lbs when I started this journey. But now I want to help motivate others while maintaining my motivation.
I pretty much decided it was time for a change when I went to Europe. Everyone looked so fit. And here I was 21 almost 400lbs and African American in a foreign country. Not a good look.
Working out at home didn't work for me as well. I had to remove myself from where I ate, drank and slept. Honestly, I know you hate the gym but in all honesty it will motivate you more. At the gym no one is there truly judging you. At least I hope not. If they are, excuse my language ***** them. You are there working on you and that's what's important. Be you and workout. Working out at home is a battle. But once u get to that gym, the atmosphere, the sweat it's all worth it. Let home be home where u relax.
I do work out about 4-5 times a week. For an 30minutes to an 1hr. I have a personal trainer and she is a beast. Lol a little joke, I call her my Dom and I'm the sub.

Please add me! =]
Also u can add me on Instagram @imjustapoet

Tiara

Replies

• phlebmechelle
    phlebmechelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    congrats on your decision to get healthy. I had to start with ending my addiction to nicotine. Then, I gained 50 pounds. I am not looking good. Therefore, I hate the idea of a gym. But, I go to dance class. I just force myself to move everyday.
    mechelle
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    congrats on your decision to get healthy. I had to start with ending my addiction to nicotine. Then, I gained 50 pounds. I am not looking good. Therefore, I hate the idea of a gym. But, I go to dance class. I just force myself to move everyday.
    mechelle

I recommend that you not hate idea of the gym. When you go in just breathe a sigh of relief right before you start. We often dislike the uncomfortable the that comes with it. But we have to grow to like it. I was like that and still am some days. But when I get there I'm pumped like let's make it through this hour and then to top it off u eventually make it part of your day and week. Now I feel discomfort with myself if I don't go. Then I'm trying to find ways of working out.
    Get comfortable knowing you will be u comfortable and embrace the gym. Because when we dislike something we set a tone that makes us not want to do it all. Trust. But hey you can get over that hurdle and I see that you are by going to dance class.
    Don't force yourself. Move because it makes you better, happy and most of all love yourself.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    mechelle

Congratulations on the nicotine kick too. I'm so happy about that !!! It's a healthier and longer living life.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    there's a steam room at my gym. i adore steam rooms. when i started i acted like it's a treat to work out, get out my frustrations, and then at the end i'd run for the steam room. it's really helped me stay on track as working out has gone from something i tell myself i want to a natural thought. if i don't work out for more than a few days, my mood dips. and yes... i still go to the steam room after every workout if i have the time!
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    Zara11 wrote: »
    there's a steam room at my gym. i adore steam rooms. when i started i acted like it's a treat to work out, get out my frustrations, and then at the end i'd run for the steam room. it's really helped me stay on track as working out has gone from something i tell myself i want to a natural thought. if i don't work out for more than a few days, my mood dips. and yes... i still go to the steam room after every workout if i have the time!

My gym is remodeling so we are getting one. But I take to the shower. It's the best warm shower and I never want to get out. I agree the feeling after a workout is a treat.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    good job getting motivated and finding what works. I've never liked the gym for many reasons - but I've got the room and resources to have a home gym and I love it. I can't imagine having to get up and get everyone dressed to leave and go to the gym! I'd be tired before I even got there.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    good job getting motivated and finding what works. I've never liked the gym for many reasons - but I've got the room and resources to have a home gym and I love it. I can't imagine having to get up and get everyone dressed to leave and go to the gym! I'd be tired before I even got there.

That used to be the excuse for me like I'm going to be tired before I even get there lol. But I run errands afterward and everyone sees me, so I get to show off a bit and that's always a plus for me. Seeing my good hard efforts being recognized.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!