Only able to finish 10 min of exercise video

Options
So i just started exercising this week. Today I attempted to do a video and I was only able to complete 10 minutes before I thought I was going to pass out. Please tell me I am not the only one who has been through this. I am slightly discouraged, but I do see I was able to finish atleast 10 min, which is a third of the video. I know it may take time to get to that point but its a little discouraging.

Replies

• CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been there!! It's so discouraging isn't it! But fitness is something you need to build and work on. Next time you do the video you might be able to do 11 minutes, next time 15 minutes. You'll be surprised how quickly your fitness level will increase.

But if you feel that you are about to pass out, I think the exercise video you are doing is too advanced for you. Which one is it? Maybe you need to try something less high impact to start.
  • WillowMoondancer
    WillowMoondancer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is 10 minutes of exercise! Good Job! Keep it up and you will find that you will be able to do more and more until one day you will finish the whole video
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That was me the first time I tried insanity and that was just the warm up. Lol. I persevered and if I can't do the move properly, I modified or did jumping jacks or jogged on the spot. Eventually you will be able to keep up and finish the vids. Don't give up.

You can also choose to do something less intense and then revisit in a month.

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    thats good, try and do 11 minutes tomorrow.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    if its really hard just do jumping jacks, push ups running on the spot, lunges etc while the video is on. maybe go for a walk later, that works too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    10 minutes today - next time shoot for 11. 10 minutes is more than you did yesterday!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    man like everyone said, just keep doin 10 til you can do 11 til you can do 12 til you don't even notice the time anymore and you're hitting it for an hour or two
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Haha! Oh yeah. Been there. Just keep at it. Six months or so ago I decided to try doing some push-ups. OMG, I could barely do 3. THREE! I can do 30 now, no prob. It'll take time to get up to 30 mins or whatever, but if you keep at it, it'll happen.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    10 minutes...great job! Don't think I got through 10 mins on my first attempt. Fortunately I kept at it. Keep up the good work and pretty soon the whole video will seem easy.
  • jclarke68
    jclarke68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was the same this morning
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Baby steps!!! 10 minutes is better than 0 minutes!!!! You will get there, if you stick with it.

Make sure you are well hydrated, too, as being dehydrated makes it so easy to flake out.
  • eukleja
    eukleja Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    A long time ago I saw a meme that said "No matter how slow you're going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch." I know it wasn't running, but 10 minutes is better than everyone else who's sitting on the couch watching netflix :)
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, every exercise that's hard gets easier to a certain point when you're starting out. You will be amazed with how much you can do in 2 weeks, I can promise you that.
  • eboniivoried
    eboniivoried Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! That was me too!!

I do T25, and I'd say that practicing good form should come before speed. Allow your body to get familiar with the motions. Modify, if needed! (I typically have to with burpees) Once you've the moves down and you're going at a steady pace, pick up the speed and try to stay with the instructor as much as possible.

Great job for getting out there and keep it up! Your body will amaze you and you will be glad that you stuck with it! ☺
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You'll be amazed how much stronger you get day by day. I started doing 30 day shred eight days ago and I wanted to turn it off every 2 minutes. I can work out the whole program now. Keep persevering. Like somebody before me said, 10 minutes is more then you did yesterday!
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    thats good, try and do 11 minutes tomorrow.

Exactly this. Every workout just try to do a little bit more. You aren't required to run a marathon the first time you lace up running shoes and you don't have to complete the video and be glowing and pretty in spandex the first time you try it. Don't give up and you'll get there.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Why not choose something that is at a more beginner's level? Lower impact, slower pace etc. If your choice for exercise is videos, there are literally thousands to choose from. Start with something that seems simple enough to complete it, even with breaks, and work yourself from there. You will get bored and need variety and new videos anyway, so start simple.