losing motivation for losing the last 15

Options
Hi..has anyone hit a stalemate in their weight loss ? I hit a plateau :( & can't get past 150.
I want to be 135. I lack motivation & I'm super bored with my gym but pushing myself to continue.

Any suggestions to streamline a workout for maximum toning & how about an energy booster?

Thanks in advance
Cara

Replies

• lsparker19
    lsparker19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! I've got 10 pounds left and am struggling so hard to make it there. We can do it....just need to keep our minds right.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    How long have you been in a stall?..
    Do you have a food scale and do you weigh all of your food?
    Can you open your diary?
    What about reassessing your workout routine? Do you lift weights or doing a specific program? Do you just do cardio or both... What are your fitness goals?

Need more info...
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    youngbeats wrote: »
    Hi..has anyone hit a stalemate in their weight loss ? I hit a plateau :( & can't get past 150.
    I want to be 135. I lack motivation & I'm super bored with my gym but pushing myself to continue.

Any suggestions to streamline a workout for maximum toning & how about an energy booster?

Thanks in advance
    Cara
    Hi! I'm on my last 15, too=-) Add me... let's figure this out!

• DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I lost motivation for logging and keeping my intake down but my motivation for running and weight lifting keeps climbing, I need to join this club !
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance
    Cara
    Hi! I'm on my last 15, too=-) Add me... let's figure this out!
    me too but maintaining for the rest of this month
  • youngbeats
    youngbeats Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all thank you for the responses.
    I'm generally shy but hoping in talking with like minded people I can gain a few key pointers in this quest to banish those unwanted lbs.
  • youngbeats
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    How long have you been in a stall?..
    Do you have a food scale and do you weigh all of your food?
    Can you open your diary?
    What about reassessing your workout routine? Do you lift weights or doing a specific program? Do you just do cardio or both... What are your fitness goals?

Need more info...

Hi
    I don't weigh my food..just use portion control mostly..using small plates & containers.

Its been about 2 months since my last real progress I would say.

I don't lift weights as I'm afraid of adding bulk but I do use weights with the machines at the gym 15 to 20 lbs depending on my energy level.

• khughes6404
    khughes6404 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance
    Cara

• MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    DITTO.
  • pinterestjanelane
    pinterestjanelane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try out a totally new workout. Focus on muscle building first and then cardio. Don't overdo it though so you don't burn out and lose your motivation for the week. It incredible difficult for a woman to get bulky because of our biology that naturally has a greater fat % in order to bear children. And plus men get bulky thanks to their protein shakes and food intake as well. Muscle eats fat. Try it out for a couple weeks. Just make sure you do weights before your cardio routine because you will make sure your muscle uses up your nutrients to grow stronger. As opposed to doing cardio first because then your body takes its nutrients from your muscles (counterproductive).
    If you don't like it you can go back to what you have been doing or try something else that you may enjoy. It sounds like you want different results so sometimes that means changing it up to something that is totally different thy will shock your muscles. I am also in a similar situation stuck at 150 too! But i also cut back on my cardio for a while because of my schedule. I'm planning on bringing it back in now that I have a set schedule for work hopefully it helps me out :). If you want to help one another you can add or message me.

Best of luck!!!
  • youngbeats
    Options
    Try out a totally new workout. Focus on muscle building first and then cardio. Don't overdo it though so you don't burn out and lose your motivation for the week. It incredible difficult for a woman to get bulky because of our biology that naturally has a greater fat % in order to bear children. And plus men get bulky thanks to their protein shakes and food intake as well. Muscle eats fat. Try it out for a couple weeks. Just make sure you do weights before your cardio routine because you will make sure your muscle uses up your nutrients to grow stronger. As opposed to doing cardio first because then your body takes its nutrients from your muscles (counterproductive).
    If you don't like it you can go back to what you have been doing or try something else that you may enjoy. It sounds like you want different results so sometimes that means changing it up to something that is totally different thy will shock your muscles. I am also in a similar situation stuck at 150 too! But i also cut back on my cardio for a while because of my schedule. I'm planning on bringing it back in now that I have a set schedule for work hopefully it helps me out :). If you want to help one another you can add or message me.

Best of luck!!!

Thank you for the great advice!
    I feel psyched to try something different.