Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Splenda isn't "bad", there's no reliable evidence to support that.

I like Weight Watchers bread. Ezekiel is good too but I don't really find it much lower in carbs than your standard loaves. Bagel thins are great and just smaller loaves so the portions are more modest :)

There are no scientific human studies as it relates to splenda being "bad".. Splenda does not affect your body the same as sugar..

• gotechgo
    gotechgo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love all breads, especially whole grain so I've actually given up other things to offset having a couple of slices a day. I stopped eating regular peanut butter and full fat cheese. I make a couple of egg whites for breakfast and put them on a piece of whole grain toast. Delish.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My intention is to limit calories by reducing carb consumption. I use multi grain sandwich thins (I buy generic called sandwich skinnys) with 5 grams of fiber. I also use ole brand extreme wellness wraps. The tomato basil has 9 grams of fiber. Both options only rack up 90 calories each and they are delicious!
  • Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is in the freezer section near the health food type items...the raisin is wonderful, toasted, with a little almond butter on top!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    sara lee makes a wholegrain bread called "delightful" that I use. It's only 45 calories a slice. I rarely eat bread, but it's thinner cut slices, and makes a great sandwich. There is also many companies out there using carb control in the production of their goods. Check out the recipe section on MFP. We all share ideas and recipes. It's absolutely awesome.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    BREAD is something I find really hard to reduce in my diet. I don't like pasta (so that's not a problem) and the use of splenda help but I still consume too many carbs. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. :)
    Trader Joe's Sprouted Rye has awesome macros and it's so good.

Can you tell me where you buy this please and thank you.
    Oh ! Haha! So you don't have Trader Joe's where you are. That's okay, many stores will carry sprouted grain breads, with no flour in them, only sprouted grains. So delicious especially toasted!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Air Supply?