Soaking beans....

Options
1234lbsgone
1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
I know to soak the beans over night, then cook them. BUT, The other day I put 2 cups of chick peas in a container, covered them with water, and put them in the fridge and forgot about them. They've been in there for about 2.5 days. Can I still cook them or did I waste them?

Replies

• 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rinse well a few times and cook, no problem.
  • babytmarie27
    babytmarie27 Posts: 161
    Options
    They are fine :)
  • HannahPastoor
    HannahPastoor Posts: 303
    Options
    We don't soak our beans. We just wash them and then put them in the slow cooker all day.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Thats a relief. How silly of me to lose a bowl of beans in the fridge. :laugh:

How long do you cook them in the slowcooker? I just got one and haven't used it yet.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Thats a relief. How silly of me to lose a bowl of beans in the fridge. :laugh:

How long do you cook them in the slowcooker? I just got one and haven't used it yet.

Glad I saw this post as I just looked up how to cook them in a my Crockpot and am off to soak some now.

Here's a very cool video to watch, shows how to soak, then cook in your Crockpot.

Mmm...Black beans (turtle beans:love: ) Yum!

ETA: :blushing: http://www.ehow.com/video_2348140_slow-cook-black-beans.html Guess it'd help to leave the link.:tongue:

Actually that link will take you to many other awesome vids that show the best way to store, buy in bulk, salsa recipes, etc. A lot of great ideas in her videos!!

Thanks for posting this topic, it got me Googling and finding all sorts of great ideas to spin round in my head.:wink::drinker: