Louisiana Girl living in a Texas World

Options
denniskelly06
denniskelly06 Posts: 24 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all -

I'm fairly new to this community. I really like the MyFitnessPal app to keep track of my diet/fitness activity. I'm 5'1 and always have weighed about 100 pounds but last year my doctor put me on a sleep med that caused me to gain about 30 pounds! About a month ago, I looked pregnant and was even asked by someone if I was indeed so. That was it for me! I joined a gym and have been eating a very strict diet since. I'm down 6 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm about to step it up and start the 3-day military diet. Has anyone here tried it and if so, what were your results? I read you can lose up to 10 pounds in only 3 days and 20 pounds in a week! We'll see.

I'd also really like to start adding friends from this community, so please send me your friend requests. Thanks!

Replies

• townie76
    townie76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! Texas girl here! I tried the 3-day military diet. I lost 5.8 lb in the 3 days, which was pretty awesome. Then I gained it all back plus 2 lbs by the next week. Although that sucked, it did motivate me to get started the right way. I joined MFP and I've been here 30 days and have lost almost 11 lbs.
  • denniskelly06
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience with that diet plan. I have another discussion going on this diet and not getting the best feedback plus people in this community are being a little rude.
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Umm, having been in the military for 11 years I can assure you that the military does not eat that way nor would it condone eating that way. So please don't call it the "Military Diet", instead please call it the "I Don't Know Crap About Nutrition Diet" or the IDKCAND. Instead try eating a balanced diet with a reasonable (10-20%) calorie deficit combined with moving more.
  • denniskelly06
    Options
    Umm, having been in the military for 11 years I can assure you that the military does not eat that way nor would it condone eating that way. So please don't call it the "Military Diet", instead please call it the "I Don't Know Crap About Nutrition Diet" or the IDKCAND. Instead try eating a balanced diet with a reasonable (10-20%) calorie deficit combined with moving more.

I didn't name the diet. Its what its called. I had heard about it on TV and did a google search and that's just what its called. My husband was also in the military - Army. I know the military doesn't eat like this plan lays out, so I have no idea why they named it the military diet.
  • swollmar04
    swollmar04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just a small town girl
    Living in a lonely world...
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Texas girl here as well!! 6 pounds in 3 weeks is great! You'll get there-stay strong!
  • denniskelly06
    Options
    Thank you Meghan!
  • denniskelly06
    Options
    swollmar04 wrote: »
    Just a small town girl
    Living in a lonely world...

I love Journey! I actually sing their songs karaoke.