Burger Fuel (New Zealand)

I am wondering if Burger Fuel is deliberately trying to hide its 'actual' nutrition stats, has anyone else requested this information from them?

Below is an email i received back from them after requesting the nutrition information for the foods on their menu. The main menu hasn't changed in years and i am sure this should be available.

The link provided just gives vague information as to the type of ingredients in each burger.

Thanks for your email, we love to hear from our customers. We want to share as much information as possible with you guys about our food so check out this page on our website for all available nutritional information:

http://www.burgerfuel.com/nz/product-info.

If you want any further info or to speak to us about something specific, please just flick us another email here and we’ll do our best to sort it out for you.

Cheers!

Replies

• lessofheather
    lessofheather Posts: 10 Member
    Your post made me curious about their calorie counts too (left NZ 6 years ago, so more of a "what was I eating back then" rather than recent consumption) and so I did a search - you're not wrong in thinking that it seems to be a deliberate move on their part. There are multiple posts going back several years where people have asked for the nutritional breakdown and been told that it is "coming soon" or "the menu changes often".

From memory, the burgers were fairly substantial, so I suspect the calorie counts and fat/protein/carb breakdowns resemble a full days worth per burger!
  • WotsTheCraic
    WotsTheCraic Posts: 12 Member
    I do think you're right.

As the burgers are so big i am assuming that they don't want to be seen as having 'unhealthy' burgers due to the calorie content.

But it is so frustrating that they aren't forthright with the information, we are all adults and can decide for ourselves whether we want to over eat / want to factor in the real amount to our diets per day, endomondo fitness tracking app has a 'Burgers Earned' Section haha maybe they should start looking at that to see that we can easily work off that Bacon Backfire, which is actually listed on MyFitness Pal, but who knows if it is legit.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Dammit, now I want Burger Fuel...it is just down the street...
  • lessofheather
    lessofheather Posts: 10 Member
    And now I want Burger Wisconsin - it's only 12,000 miles away! Thankfully a look at the menu reveals that the burger of theirs that used to feed me for two days is no longer on the menu. Think it was some kind of pumpkin seed and something vege patty, but that was about 10 years ago, so I can forgive the menu change.