Police Academy in 3 months

Options
polijex
polijex Posts: 25 Member
I need to lose as much weight as i can without hurting myself, can anyone provide some suggestions.

Replies

• williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    yeah, eat at a deficit and work out. Police academy fitness requirements are a joke but if your out of shape, it can be hell. Find a diet plan that works for you but I would personally recommend Carb Cycling as it gives you flexibility and gives the best results provided you follow it properly.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eat at a reasonable deficit keeping macros like protein at 0.8grams per lb of body weight and do some form of resistance training...not to lose weight but to keep as much of your muscle mass as you can.

A reasonable deficit is based on the amount of weight you want/need to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

So if you have 50lbs to lose 1-1.5lbs a week so you could lose up from 12-18lbs in 3 months in a healthy way without hurting yourself....potentially more maybe less.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    yeah, eat at a deficit and work out. Police academy fitness requirements are a joke but if your out of shape, it can be hell. Find a diet plan that works for you but I would personally recommend Carb Cycling as it gives you flexibility and gives the best results provided you follow it properly.
    Just googled them. You weren't kidding. Even when I was 50lbs overweight I could have easily done them.
  • polijex
    Options
    thx for the tips and suggestions guys I will keep things up to date as i go forward.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would call the testing a joke as each department can vary. I will say once you get in you want to be on your A game in the fitness area cause if you aren't stressing about that part then the classroom portions, etc., aren't as bad. How long is your academy?
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Run run run....push ups sit ups and chin ups.,the more you can do the better. After you get accepted and done your first year you can rest out at the donut shop no donuts before then
  • polijex
    Options
    my academy is 4 months, the run is 1 1/2 mile in 12 min 40 push ups in a min and 35 situps in a min. lol donuts
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    polijex wrote: »
    my academy is 4 months, the run is 1 1/2 mile in 12 min 40 push ups in a min and 35 situps in a min. lol donuts

So that is the testing requirements to get into the academy? That is definitely not as challenging as some I have seen. But I would second what @barryplumber said about the running and the push ups. And speaking from experience I would have considered a 1 1/2 run and 40 push up daily a gift! Lol. Good luck!
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Run run run....push ups sit ups and chin ups.,the more you can do the better. After you get accepted and done your first year you can rest out at the donut shop no donuts before then

Wholeheartedly agree. Will add climb a rope if you can set one up. Stamina and agility will get you through. Probably most of the guys you're competing against won't be in shape. You should be. It'll also pay off later when you get into a foot pursuit or scuffle . Let's face it , Everything is easier when you're in shape (((;