Addicted to sparkling water

Options
2»

Replies

• JulesVinTX
    JulesVinTX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Have you tried the La Croix coconut flavor? Amazing.

Oh my goodness! I love that stuff!

Same here! Though I've found the coconut-flavored variety does have a tad of sodium. Interesting about the cravings meaning there may be a lack of something. When I was pregnant, before most of these zero-everything drinks existed, I craved club soda (high sodium), grenadine (high sugar) and lime. I would cry for it. I wonder what I was missing?
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I drink heaps of sparkling water, I love my soda stream! I add a dash of lemon or lime juice. Love it!!
    I want one, but my husband says no, wait and I'll make you a system. He's a bit of a mad inventor, so who knows what we'll end up with. It will almost certainly involve one of those giant gas cylinders, lots of plastic tubing and quite possibly explosions. Wish me luck. I do love my fizz.

It's just a CO2 cylinder, no worries... ;)
    The colder the water is, the more CO2 you can "stuff" into it.
    It's a common homebrewer's trick when carbonating the finished beer...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    I drink heaps of sparkling water, I love my soda stream! I add a dash of lemon or lime juice. Love it!!
    I want one, but my husband says no, wait and I'll make you a system. He's a bit of a mad inventor, so who knows what we'll end up with. It will almost certainly involve one of those giant gas cylinders, lots of plastic tubing and quite possibly explosions. Wish me luck. I do love my fizz.

It's just a CO2 cylinder, no worries... ;)
    The colder the water is, the more CO2 you can "stuff" into it.
    It's a common homebrewer's trick when carbonating the finished beer...

I do that with my SodaStream. My municipal water is not very good tasting so I keep a filter pitcher in the fridge and use the water directly from it. Some times, when I want a lot of extra fizz, I will stick the bottle into the freezer just until is starts to ice up on the surface.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

At least you won't have to exchange your cylinder every couple of weeks like I do with the 60L. Loves me some fizzy water! Usually plain but sometimes with some lemon or lime and very occasionally I will use one of their diet syrups.
  • beejoblair
    beejoblair Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted to fizzy water but am now wondering if drinking large quantities of certain brands causes muscle pain. For about five months I was experiencing increasing unaccountable pain in my upper arms. I wasn't doing
    any particular exercise or activity to cause this. During this same period I was drinking fruit flavored unsweetened seltzer to the tune of six or seven cans per day. The pain would sometimes wake me up at night. Then I got a soda stream and started making my own with no additives. The pain seems to have disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?