Help me guesstimate calories / choose dinner

Options
Hi everyone - I am heading to a dinner here tonight and am curious what everyone thinks would be the best choice? (Bearing in mind I am vegetarian).

I was thinking maybe the spinach and ricotta gnudi (which has about 8 gnudis just smaller than a ping pong ball - does anyone have a calorie estimate for that?

Also, if I were to have dessert (which at the moment I am thinking I won't but as everyone else will be, I would like to participate) - does anyone have any idea how many calories the watermelon jelly would have?

I know its impossible to get exact figures but any ball park estimates would be awesome and grately appreciated.

Thank you!
http://bills-jp.net/wp-content/uploads/Omotesando_Dinner_EN.pdf

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I din't even know what a gnudi is.
  • bluepenguin1
    bluepenguin1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to google it too! :smile: :

Gnudi (pronounced "nu-dee") is a type of gnocchi made from ricotta cheese and a little bit of flour. The result is a dumpling that some describe as "nude" ravioli, or filling without the pasta — that is to say, light, fluffy, and creamy.Nov 4, 2009
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    No idea on the calorie counts but a good stategy is to split dessert with someone. Automatically half the cals and I find usually half is enough to satisfy. Those Gnudis sound amazing

Also more of a comment, those prices are so cheap
  • slvrsrfr
    slvrsrfr Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Spitballing, I'd say you're looking at around a grand with the two items,
    your gnudi and jelly dessert. Give or take ~200 cals. But that's just
    guessing.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=442730
  • bluepenguin1
    bluepenguin1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks! Do you think the jelly / granita dessert would have less calories than the panna cotta? Basically I don't mind what I have (if I get dessert) so would be really happy to pick the lowest cal option.

I agree the prices are cheap - its one of my favourite places and that is part of the reason!