Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones - what to log this a

Options
Hi,

If you do this workout what do you log it as - cardio or strength? Obviously the focus is on strength but she also talks about keeping the heart rate up and burning fat - and I don't want this to count as zero calories!

Replies

• JustBill
    JustBill Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and log ALL exercise as cardio. If you're getting your heart rate up and maintaining it, it counts.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I don't have a HRM but pretty sure my heart was pounding and was sweating so think it counts as cardio!
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I did not have a hrm I logged her workouts under the cardio section and chose circuit training:bigsmile:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bump to check in later since this might be what i do today
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and log ALL exercise as cardio. If you're getting your heart rate up and maintaining it, it counts.

this is what I do with my Jillian workout. High intensity with intervals of cardio and stregnth.
  • denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ohh I log as circuit training general - she mentions that the way she combines exercises is for maximum calorie burn - so I log it as circuit - given the effort I excert I even think it underestimates the calories!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Circuit training for all her workouts :)
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OOH that's interesting - had been logging 30DS and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism as "aerobics" - but just seen that "circuit training" has a higher calorie count!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I log it as weight training of 50 minutes, and it only records as 230 calorie burnt . I think you cheat yourself if you log it as circuit training or cardio, because it is really a complex weight training. The circuit training shows very high calorie on MFP because it is referring to cardio/ strength type of circuit.
    If you do eat back your exercise calorie, do not log it as a circuit, because you going to overeat and mess up your weight loss.
    If you do not eat back your exercise calories, then it is totally irrelevant how you log it anyway.