Polar Loop vs Fitbit Charge Hr

Options
cheezels83
cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been holding out for a Fitbit charge Hr in Plum.
However, where I live they are not due until maybe during the summer sometime. And I say maybe because every time I have checked on websites the date keeps on getting further and further away. I have been holding out since it was announced before Christmas!

I liked the Fitbit charge hr because it is on your wrist, plus it says it can monitor your heart rate all day so you know how many calories (thereabouts) you burn.

Now the Polar Loop also comes in purple and you can get a package where the heart monitor (strap) comes with it.

I also like the Polar Loop because it can be warn in the shower whereas the Fitbit can't.

So now I don't know what to do. Wait forever until the Plum Fitibit charge hr finally comes to Sweden or just go for the Polar Loop?

Anyone with the Polar loop with pros and cons? Anyone with the Fitbit charge Hr want to chime in???

Any opinions from current users warmly welcomed!!!!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    I have been holding out for a Fitbit charge Hr in Plum.
    However, where I live they are not due until maybe during the summer sometime. And I say maybe because every time I have checked on websites the date keeps on getting further and further away. I have been holding out since it was announced before Christmas!

I'm in the US. I ordered mine in January, and got it around April Fool's Day. I upgraded from the Fitbit Flex—partly because of the purple, but also because of the secure buckle, the heart-rate monitor, and the display.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitness tracker yet, but the Polar Loop fits my particular needs perfectly; which is why it will be the one I will purchase when I go to pick one up very soon. ( And I have rather special needs, so I may not be the best to quantify which one is "better."

With that said, here is a rather in-depth review of the Polar Loop when it debuted by DCRainmaker. This review is pretty much what sold me on the Polar Loop. (I can't wait to get mine...but I have to until I have the funds. :s )
  • duffylynnreb
    duffylynnreb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar A300 I love it.
  • cheezels83
    Options
    Thanks! I think for me being able to wear the polar loop in the shower and swimming wins. It's the thing that separates them both for me. If the fit bit charge hr was waterproof it would be a winner.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand having the chest band with the Polar Loop, plus having to wear a watch-type device. I've been happy with my FitBit Charge HR, although once in a while, MFP won't sync with it. But I don't swim, so I don't care about the device being waterproof. I don't know why anyone would want to wear one in the shower.
  • faegirl22
    faegirl22 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do a chest strap on all the time. I use a fitbit Chrage HR day to to day and for walks, a chest strap synced with my phone for bike rides and my husband got me a garmin to track my swimming. Seems like a lot but each device does their job well which I'd rather have.
  • cheezels83
    Options
    I finally decided to go with the fitbit and it's on order but the shop has no idea when it will come in if at all. The reason I wanted it waterproof is for a few reasons...showering at the gym, swimming for aqua aerobics and where I live it can rain a lot and or during the winter lots of snow that I usually get a bit wet shovelling and so on. Was worried that "splashproof" might not be splashproof enough.
    Who knows...If it hasn't come by July might just get the polar loop anyway. I would only wear the heart rate monitor during a work out anyway.