yoyo excersise

Options
Hi everyone, I'm having problems staying consistently active every day .

Replies

• kellyzita4
    kellyzita4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried picking up a pedometer (like a Fitbit or a Jawbone)? Mine's kept me walking daily for a few months now. I like to see my step count get higher each day...
  • Zowiesb
    Zowiesb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. Getting a fitbit made me want to be more active. Most of them sync to apps as well so you can get a better understanding of how you're doing.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I kinda thought this was a thread on some sort of yo yo related exercise like awesome dance with yo yo's and those yo yo tricks.

I'm the same though so I plan my exercise for the week in advance, if I have an allotted time to run or lift I find it much harder to make excuses or get distracted by chores etc. Today is Wednesday so it's walk to waitrose in the next town and run back with my teabags at 1.30pm day for me.
    Maybe draw your self up a time table for keeping active?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What is your schedule like? - e.g. do you work long hours? at college? young children?

For those with busy lives (i.e. most of us) fitting exercise in and around daily activities helps with consistency. e.g. walking or cycling instead of using the car, going to the park with the children, taking a brisk walk at lunch time, taking the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator, etc. As others have said, having a pedometer or activity tracker can help with motivation here as it's a little reminder to get up and move.

In terms of planned exercise activities, a key to consistency is doing something you actually like doing, whether that's running, dancing, playing sports, yoga, etc.