Need a low cal dinner ideas please

Options
SuzanneRoe111
SuzanneRoe111 Posts: 2 Member
I'm so bored with the same old dinners at work!!! They also seem to be creeping up in cals. I would like it to be something I can make at home, the night before or the morning.any ideas

Replies

• lolagranola1
    lolagranola1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to noodles! And it is low carb/calorie too. You can bake, grill, boil or newk it. You can add sauce and meat for a main dish or eat it plain as a side. Prep ahead, stays good for a few days.
  • SuzanneRoe111
    SuzanneRoe111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is spaghetti squash? How do you make it?
  • gotechgo
    gotechgo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Big salad with baby lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, a tbsp of goat cheese and dressing made with lemon or lime juice, garlic and a slight bit of olive oil. Add chickpeas for protein or nuke a veggie burger and top with mustard. That's about 300 calories at most.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Baked fish with a spinach salad on the side (with some low cal dressing on the top)
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Suzanne, here is a link that explains how to cook a spaghetti squash two different ways- in the oven or in the microwave. http://www.kitchentreaty.com/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash-two-different-ways-in-the-microwave-or-in-the-oven/
  • agecaskey83
    agecaskey83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pintrest also has a lot of low calorie low carb substitutes that are yummy. Cauliflower buffalo chicken is one of my favorite
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I make a stir-fry that's absolutely delicious.

3.5 oz. cooked chicken breast meat, sliced
    1 med. onion, sliced
    2 cloves garlic sliced thin and lightly chopped
    3-4 stalks of celery, sliced
    1 T. EVOO
    soy sauce to taste
    Dijon mustard to taste
    red pepper flakes to taste

Saute the onion in the EVOO till the edges are browned. Add the garlic and saute some more; add the celery, saute some more. When the celery is softened a little, add the cooked sliced chicken and the seasonings. Mix, cook a little longer. Enjoy! This is one portion and it's really yummy.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple and do a lean protein (chicken breasts or ground turkey) with veggies.

I love a turkey burger smothered in sautéed mushrooms (literally probably 2 cups of mushrooms pre cooked) and if I have the calories to spare, a little blue cheese sprinkled on!
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com. tons of recipes. all easy to adjust for varying tastes/likes/dislikes.
  • susiebabygirl
    susiebabygirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had this last night, was so good! You can adjust it to your preferences too obviously so we added mushrooms and pepper. We also added some chili flakes.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-peanut-chicken-stir-fry
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Although you say "dinner", "at work" implies "lunch" to me (unless you work nights). So I am assuming you are looking for ideas to take to work to eat at noon (or the corresponding time for other than 9 to 5). Here's one I really like.

1. Cook a 4-oz chicken breast (poach, grill, bake) or use leftover or rotisserie chicken. Chop into bite-size pieces.
    2. Bring a quart of water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup broccoli florets cut into bite-size pieces. Blanch for 10-15 seconds. Immediately drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. (You can use is raw, but this takes out the woody taste without actually cooking it.)
    3. Chop a small apple (any variety you like). You want 3/4 to 1 cup.
    4. Combine everything with 1 T chopped walnuts, 1/2 T raisins, 1-2 T fat-free Italian dressing. Mix well.
    5. Put in a container and transport in an insulated bag or cooler with ice.
    6. Enjoy!

Calorie count is about 225 or a little less.
  • juliec1188
    juliec1188 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get a slow cooker/crockpot and create a whole heap of meals you can put in the freezer and then just choose a different one each day and microwave it