MOTIVATION, MOTIVATION, MOTIVATION!

Options
I need huge motivation to get committed to logging in my food intake and exercise. I was at one time logging in all my hard work but I felt like I wasn't seeing any results. My husband and I workout at one time together but now our schedule is so different. When he works out I watch our 3 wonderful children. When it's my turn to workout I'm super tired and never have any drive to go to gym. I need to get back to being fit, but it's so hard with my schedule. Mom of 3 little kids, maintaining a clean house, working as a kindergarten teacher, president of P.T.A and basketball team mom. Where is the time and motivation with my busy schedule? Urg....feeling frustrated.

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain on the stretched out schedule - wife, 3 kids, den leader, full time job, and keeping up with chores/house. My wife gets up at 0400 to hit her 0500 TRX class, then go to her FT job. I get up with the kids and do a quick calisthenics circuit with them, get them off to school, go to work, and hit the gym afterwards. Rough keeping up, but I feel so much better after working out. Just waiting for the kids to get a bit older (7, 5, 1) so they can start running with me. They keep me motivated and with the military background adapting very well, so if I don't feel like going on the night time bike ride they will pester me into it.
  • dropinoffpounds
    dropinoffpounds Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm glad to hear someone can relate with maintaining a busy schedule and finding time to still workout. Sounds like you have a workout schedule that works for both you and your wife. Way to go! That what I need to figure out. Oh and kudos to your wife for waking up at 4:00am workout. Lol
  • eharn02
    eharn02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also get up at 4:15am so I can workout before my kids get up. Then I return home, get them and myself ready for the day, work full time, come home to whatever activities they have (hockey, baseball, football volleyball, softball and t-ball!!) read, homework, suppper (ahhh!!). They are 10, 7 and 8 so I anticipate it will only get worse, but I love it! I feel that if I workout in the morning, I am truly preparing myself for the day and I am not missing out on any time with my kids or husband. Now I just need to get to bed earlier. Maybe try mornings!? Or start with 2-3 days per week. Being a parent isn't easy. Just figure out what works for you -- no excuses, only results! :)
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the early morning work outs- I am NOT a morning person- but being a single mom with 2 boys, FT job, commuting, Baseball, Scouts, housework, etc etc etc- getting up before they do and getting it in is the only way.

Food prep on the weekends is a MUST for me- I throw a few lbs of chicken in the crock pot- season it and just let it cook. Shred it with beaters and use it for a variety of things. I use the steamable veggies and boil in bag rice. You can add wraps, tostada, tortillas, etc. I also use skinnytatse.com a lot and use the slow cooker when I can.

I don't mean to sound harsh- and I definitely am not 100% (stopped for cheeseburgers just last night) but I have to ask myself "HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT IT"
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I committed to logging in everything for 30 days before I started up my exercise routine. Then when that became a solid habit I started getting up a little bit earlier and exercising at home. When that became a routine I started getting to the gym before work a few days a week. Its a slow process but it is working.