C-Section Moms

Options
Good Morning;

I am looking to make permanent healthy changes and have about 40lbs to lose. I am just wondering for those of you who have had children via c-section (I've had two), do you ever get that muscle tone back or are you stuck with the little "apron" on your lower belly?

Thanks!

Replies

• blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had 3 C sections and unfortunately will always have the apron, unless I have a tummy tuck!! Doesnt mean I haven't got great muscle tone under the excess skin though!! x
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have had two c-sections. I was able to get my tummy back in shape thanks to a variety of Jillian's workout DVDs and tracking calories here on MFP. I didn't eliminate anything from my diet. With accurate calorie counting and exercise I was able to lower my BF% and lose 15 lbs. Good luck! You can do it!
  • Tucker145
    Tucker145 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's slowly leaving me. I agree that those videos help. Jogging has also. It's at the wrinkly stage now when I hold it in. It will het there.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i will always have the apron as well unless i get a tummy tuck. but my excess skin may be more sever than yours as i also was quite a bit heavier and had alot more to lose! good luck though mine since losing the weight is much easier to hide
  • RebeccaBrooksmfp
    RebeccaBrooksmfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've had three c-sections and mine is slowly going away. I didn't notice much of a change until recently. I'm about 25 pounds away from my goal weight now, so I'm hoping as I lose those, it'll be close to gone. I'm assuming it'll never fully disappear though.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections. I still have a couple little pockets of fat on my stomach, but they are hardly noticeable. Lots of cardio, losing excess body fat, and lifting heavy weights has helped. For abs specifically, I like doing stuff in plank, sit ups with weights (I'll hold a plate or dumbbells). Even things like pull-ups and push-ups really help strengthen the abs/core too. Good luck. I think patience and hard work is key.
  • doolalytap
    doolalytap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had two children one by c section. I've got the apron, it's smaller but stil there.