i hate fish

Options
What is a good fish too eat thats not fishy? I heard tilapia was good and good for you is that rite?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you don't like fish, don't eat fish! Eat proteins you do like.

If you have a great desire to eat fish even if you hate it, pay for good quality super fresh fish. It tastes less fishy.
  • 1966spen
    1966spen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find sea bass is very subtle. Pan fry so you get crispy skin. I'm not a fish lover but like this

• brockbennett1981
    brockbennett1981 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Same here - fish makes me sick, i am not allergic, i love fishing, don't mind cleaning it or cooking it but eating it makes me barf!
    What's the point of force feeding yourself with something you don't like?

• brockbennett1981
    brockbennett1981 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    Same here - fish makes me sick, i am not allergic, i love fishing, don't mind cleaning it or cooking it but eating it makes me barf!
    What's the point of force feeding yourself with something you don't like?

Yea i agree f it lol im sticking too my stuff already do
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I prefer sushi or other raw fish, mainly tuna...I find when fish is cooked, that's when it becomes "fishy". I used to only eat breaded/battered fish because I couldn't stand seeing it.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm sushi
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Tilapia or Mahi Mahi
    But if you don't like it, don't eat it.
  • barb106
    barb106 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cod and flounder are very mild.
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Breaded and deep fried cod , not healthy of course but tasty
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    For goodness sake if you dont like it dont eat it. What makes you feel you have to?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat fish if you don't like fish...there are numerous lean protein sources. That said, pretty much any white fish is going to be pretty mild. If you don't live in an area conducive to getting really fresh fish, get frozen, vacuum packed fish. I live in the desert and any "fresh" fish at the grocery deli is in actuality days old and even mild fish smell and taste fishy at that point...not an issue with the frozen, vacuum packed stuff.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much fish but take a fish oil supplement. My wife takes a krill oil supplement because it is less 'fishy'.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Have you had a lot of good quality fish? Buy it as fresh as possible and cook it the same day. That way you won't get that "fishy" taste. Cod is cheap and doesn't have a strong taste. Chilean sea bass is also good for people who don't normally like fish.