I am always hungry

Options
I'm so fed up of always being hungry..I am a healthy weight (126lbs) and 5'4 and don't know if I'm eating enough..I built up calories a couple of weeks ago from 1200 and now on 1800-1900..I lost half a stone! I workout 4 or 5 times a week and do weight and cardio training. I did weights today and have been hungry all day! I'm hitting my macros but still so hungry don't know what to do..

Replies

• Simo429
    Simo429 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are working out lots are you adding those calories into your tdee? The other suggestion is snack on low calorie things such as celery, carrot sticks or cucumber
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    For me, what I eat makes a huge difference in how hungry I am! Make sure a good amount of those calories are coming from protein and whole grains...those will help you feel full longer!
  • harrietcrate99
    harrietcrate99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I workout for about an hour to an hour a half a day, I try and do 2 HIIT sessions a week and weights 4 or 5 days a week. I do snack on veggies or fruit and nuts
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary, my only guess is you're not eating enough volume within your calorie intake. Base your intake on really nutrient dense foods, and allow for less nutrient dense foods when you can fit them in. Nutrient-dense foods are usually low in calories and fibre, which will help you feel full longer.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    On lifting days I could chew my own arm off.. I actually add in an extra something to eat on lifting days post workout in conjunction with my regular calories..

This is also the day that I drink two cups of decaf herbal coffee ... for some reason the coffee (stevia only) or be that it may, just the act of sipping it.. helps me out..
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? If you're eating 1800-1900 calories a day and still losing 7 lbs in a few weeks, it sounds like you should eat more! Unless you're actively trying to lose, which isn't really clear from your post.

I feel you. I'm hungry what feels like ALL of the time, too. I run a lot so I think all the working out is a big part of it. the nice thing is that even though I go over my calories a lot, I never really gain weight. So I would say probably eat more.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Add some nuts into your diet if you haven't already. They add a small punch of calories and will help keep you full. Keep them on hand for when your stomach gets grumbly.
  • lyeasley
    lyeasley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    For me, what I eat makes a huge difference in how hungry I am! Make sure a good amount of those calories are coming from protein and whole grains...those will help you feel full longer!

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »

^^^^^ This along with making sure everything is balanced out (carbs, fat, protein, etc.) has made a HUGE difference in how I feel during the day.

• harrietcrate99
    harrietcrate99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm not trying to lose weight I'm just trying to get lean and not seeing massive results
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Body builders do cut and bulk phases for re composition. You may want to look into it.