I work in a medical office and want to x-ray my head.

Options
shannonbrown0421
shannonbrown0421 Posts: 47 Member
I just think it would be a cool thing to frame and hang on my wall. I work for two doctors - one says go for it the other says I'm crazy lol

Should I?

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Um...
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Be careful, you might not like the results. (I'm guessing from this post, you more than likely won't)
  • BrendanDunn
    BrendanDunn Posts: 3,225 Member
    Options
    You want to X-ray your head for no reason? Nothing strange about that. Go for it!

thumbs-up.gif

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    Haha strangely enough I have done this! Although I had an x-ray to check for fractures ( someone decided to throw a brick at my head lol ) so I framed it! It hung there for 4 years... until a lovely person decided to burgle me : ( took the tv and electricals etc and my damn xray! 0_o so now an unknown person has a picture of my skull.... still makes me uneasy lol :joy: so yeah you should so do it! It's like the ghost rider... just don't freak out with how it looks lol
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't but that's just me.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    myfitnesspalacios Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MRI in color. Way cooler.
  • shannonbrown0421
    Options
    I wanted to keep my earrings on too and make it this beautiful skull conversation piece! haha I think I will take the risk and go for it...why not
  • shannonbrown0421
    Options
    Haha strangely enough I have done this! Although I had an x-ray to check for fractures ( someone decided to throw a brick at my head lol ) so I framed it! It hung there for 4 years... until a lovely person decided to burgle me : ( took the tv and electricals etc and my damn xray! 0_o so now an unknown person has a picture of my skull.... still makes me uneasy lol :joy: so yeah you should so do it! It's like the ghost rider... just don't freak out with how it looks lol

Aww how sad!

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

I was going to say that.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    As someone who works with medical X-rays, no. You don't need that kind of unnecessary exposure.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Da *kitten*? :noway:
  • shannonbrown0421
    Options

I was going to say that.

I would if we had one :open_mouth:

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    unnecessary radiation sounds worth
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What doesn't kill you, gives you cancer...cancer will kill you. Have fun.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    natural selection at its finest
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    As an xray tech I can tell you that you get about the same amount of radiation eating bananas, sleeping next to someone for 3 nights, or standing in the sun for 10 minutes. The dose is super low with normal xrays. It's no big deal. Now if you go with a CT of your head and do a 3D reconstruction your looking at about the equivalent of around 355 normal xrays. It's a super high dose concentrated. But still ok. And they look awesome. Lol. Only time we worry about doses is when patients have multiple CTs within a couple days. You'll start to see redness on the skin which is essentially burns (SED). We as techs do silly shots all the time. Especially on night shift. >:)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    If I was having one done I'd keep a copy but I'm not sure is go for one.
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I just read something about exposure...