Fitbit or something else-- Trying to decide what to get.

Options
What do you use to track your steps? Please let me know the brand and style and why you like it. Trying to figure out which one I want.

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip. I like it because it is pretty basic, small (I wear on my hip) and one of the cheaper fitbit options. I did not need all the bells and whistles that come with the other fitbit trackers because I have another app (Map My Ride) that I use for cycling and my only real exercise I do is walking/hiking, biking and strength training.

I had originally purchased the fitbit flex (wrist) and HATED it. I did not like wearing it on my wrist, so I returned it for the zip and I am so happy I did.

Ultimately, I do not eat back all the calories I earn from exercise, because I am concerned about over estimation of calories burned, so my tracker is more for informational purposes and syncing than anything and I love my zip for that purpose. It is easily hidden with any type of clothing and it is simple.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    fitbit is awesome I have a surge and my wife has the charge HR
  • DButcher146
    DButcher146 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got the Misfit Flash on Sunday. I'm loving it. I got it for only $30 at Best Buy. I compared to the FitBit and it did pretty much everything the Fitbit did but cheaper. The only thing I didn't get with it is a digital readout on the part you wear but I can easily sync it to the app and know the amounts I need that way.
    The other reason I went with the Flash is because I'm just starting out and I've given up before. I didn't want to buy something so expensive just in case I mess up again. May be a little pessimistic but it's how I thought about it. But I'm now super glad I bought it. It has definitely been motivating me throughout the day.
  • kalikob
    kalikob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought Jawbone. I like it because it fits like a bangle bracket and there is hardly any chance of it falling off. My friend lost her FitBit on the first day.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I tried the Garmin Vivofit and it broke before the weekend was over. Kind of a let down for me, debating to save for a fitbit or just keep using the phone apps I have.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Just steps? I use my Google Nexus Android phone. Free Google fit app tracks steps and more.

Strava app tracks all my running and cycling and dumps the data into MFP. You can use it to track walks too. I don't log walks to MFP unless they are substantial.

Free
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I admit I lost one (the ultra) but that's because I hadn't worn it in months (it's in the house somewhere). I've got the Charge HR now and it's got a watch strap. No chance of losing that.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have the jawbone up24 and they are also on groupon right now for only $70
  • DiamondA1
    DiamondA1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up24. Looks and fits like a bracelet very comfortable. Tracks steps, sleep and used to interface with my fitnesspal until last week. Seems like you will need to pay to interface with any tracker. The dashboard is great on an android phone..very informative. Also you can set alarms for non movement.
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use a polar fit4, i love it but i'm old school yet :)
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip also and I love it. I attach it to my hip and don't even notice its there. I bought a separate attachment to be able to wear it around my wrist, but I haven't needed to. It does a great job tracking and I have gotten at least 10K steps each day because I am paying so much attention to it. Its on sale at Amazon for $47.99