25lbs to lose; what about you?

Options
lizaline
lizaline Posts: 3 Member
Hi there!

I've technically been a member for a while, but these last few weeks are the first time I've really ever used fitnesspal.

In short: I really struggle with emotional eating, and it's just such a burden. I want to lose the weight I've gained from using food as a crutch, but more than anything I want to create new habits. Dissatisfaction with my weight and a preoccupation with food in general consume way too much of my mental energy -- it's exhausting, and I'm tired of it!

I'd also like to get back in shape. I used to be a runner, but I've been having a difficult time getting back into it, and I want to try one of fitnessblender's 8-week programs.

I think having a weight loss buddy would really help hold me accountable -- anyone out there struggling with the same issues as me?

Replies

• REiiGN15
    REiiGN15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm similar, I do want to lose more than 25 lbs. I ate for the same reasons too. I'm getting back into running too, I do the couch to 5k. Keeps me level when something is kinda controlling how I ease back into it. That and for me, I go and lift too since it's just what I know. There is plenty of temptation around me to easily fall off of this fitness wagon but 3 weeks in I'm holding strong and you can too.
  • katiepaulag
    katiepaulag Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im Katie, and I'm with you on the emotional eating! Using the calorie counter I feel makes me so much more accountable for what I'm eating, drinking, etc.

One thing I like to do instead of eat when I'm "emotional" is to brew a nice cup of tea. We have a DAVIDsTEA here and they have a huge selection of caffeine-free teas, many flavored that don't need any cream or sweetener! So I like to have a hot cup and watch an episode of something on TV, or make it on ice and flip through a book out on the patio, especially now that it's getting warmer out!
  • pennyg20
    pennyg20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizaline, I am on the same boat for the past week I've been trying to eat healthier and been more aware of what types of food I put in my body. But let me tell you I have a big problem In controlling it because I too am an emotional eater, and eat without really realizing what I am eating... :neutral: but this is your first step and you will get to your goal weight just keep motivated, what really helps me is listening to motivational speeches on you tube and having healthy snacks handy... like today I eat baby carrots and cherry tomatoes :blush: DELICIOUS! I also sit in traffic for about 3 hours a day (going and coming home) so I also eat snacks while in the car this way I try to avoid junk food after work.
  • lizaline
    Options
    REiiGN15: congratulations on three weeks! Staying consistent has always been the hard part for me. That, and patience.
    kgaudette14: The tea s a great idea! In the winter I'm a big fan of peppermint tea -- now that it's warm outside I've become slightly addicted to the peach tea they sell at Teavana. I've never tried Davids, think I can get it online?
  • lizaline
    Options
    Hi pennyg20! That is a lot of time in the car -- bringing snacks is smart! I'm definitely guilty of letting myself get too hungry (because of a longer-than-anticipated commute, etc.) and then eating like, all of the things. ._. Do you have any speech recommendations?

I normally can do well for a week or so until something happens that makes me sad, or upset, especially if it's about my body -- before I know I've caved and then have a hard time picking myself back up. :/