Spa Dates

Options
zipppee
zipppee Posts: 223 Member
Is there a spa at your gym or do you have to make a special trip for the spa?

What do you like to do on spa dates? Do you find this to be a reasonable & frequent expense or a one-off treat?

Replies

• zipppee
    Options
    Just as I thought. These are mythical beasts....
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Not mythical! Gym spas suck imo, my old gym had one, not great spa facilities or services nor have other gym based spas I've tried. Go to a proper spa!

And yes I go to the spa (special trip) for a good massage and some spoiling couple times a month, a weekend away to the spa every few months is a great treat too! Beauty treatments at spa are a rip off but a good massage, mud wrap and facial before hitting the pool is totally worth it!

As to spa dates? Like going on a date with someone to a spa? Sounds an awesome plan but never tried, and as I seem to be permenantly single now I may never know. Lol.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    IMO, no proper gym is going to have a spa and no proper spa is going to be in a gym. My wife and I do a couples spa retreat a few times per year. A couple times per year we go to La Bella and get the 2 hour couple retreat. We try to do a whole weekend retreat once per year.
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    I usually always go to the spa with a friend or relative. It's a lot more fun then, but for me its more of a once in a while sort of thing because it's expensive (massages, facials and what not). I do frequently get mani/pedis though because those you can get for really low prices in my country (under $8)

My typical spa date, even the regular mani/pedi ones involves us some level of dressing up, going to the salon, loads of chatting and usually lunch after which we'd shop, or just hang out for a bit

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I go by myself. I'm a member at XSport and their spa at the Merrifield location is actually pretty good. There's another spa near my house called "Hand & Stone" which isn't bad. Wife uses some other one in Burke (Serendipity I think) and just LOVES the massages she gets there. Granted I'd recommend a place called The Grooming Lounge for any guys in the DC area- the hot towel shave is absolutely amazing...makes you feel like a new man.
  • zipppee
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, guys. There are some nice ideas to explore here!