Help!

Options
shyne952
shyne952 Posts: 34 Member
Hi! I'm a newbie and I need a little help. I've tried numerous diets and have loss some weight only to gain it all back. I really want to be healthy, strong, and fit but I need some encouragement and motivation. Please help!

37 yrs. old
5'5"
210 lbs.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just start logging your food. No need for some fancy fad diet... You've got this!
  • trumpet38
    trumpet38 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    hello the app is great for helping you reach a targe weight and it helps focus you on your aims in a sensible fashion. The way you can track exercise and how this can benefit your diet is really transparent. do you have a target to aim for ( weight/fitness) feel free to ask questions I have lost 12kgs since October and managed to keep it off since December but recently needed a refocus... But am finding lots of motivation in different places...
  • shyne952
    Options
    Thanks! I've just started logging today.
  • trumpet38
    Options
    Rocks right check out what she has achieved.. she's killed it! Keep off the sugars and keep on the protein, moderate carbs. Be good but not an Angel, splash out occasionally but keep an eye on things... I'm good Monday to Friday but splash outs on the weekends are counteracted by more time to exercise...:)
  • KathyKateKathy
    KathyKateKathy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is my fourth day on MFP and I am really pleased with the way this thing works, especially when it tells you how much weight you can lose in 5 weeks.
  • shyne952
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I would love to get down to 150lbs. What about snacking? I have a desk job and I find myself snacking a lot.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Shyne-welcome! First thing I would say would be to cut snacking or to at least make low cal, healthy choices i.e. veggies or fruit. I have desk job too and the snacking can just kill you. If you do snack, log it BEFORE you eat it. After you see how many calories you are eating, you may just put it away and delete the entry! :) Good luck!
  • trumpet38
    Options
    Whist not low cal Nuts like almonds are great but you must restrict intake - a few nuts say five to ten - great to keep your energy but a whole pack safe to say is not good... Great protein source though. Don't take a whole pack to work! I agree avoid snacking and i find good to plan your meals in your head - not in detail but an idea. Ir tonights meal will be lots of nicely prepared green boiled veg with a good protein source ontop (chicken or prawns) to make me nice and full and but low on carbs...which had for brekky . love my bagel with sprrad and marmalade!