Frustrated again!

Options
Good Morning all-

I actually feel a little silly posting (again) on this particular topic: not losing at ALL. I have been doing MFP for over 5 months and have lost NOTHING. What am I missing? I am seriously frustrated beyond belief. Losing weight used to be a simple equation for me...now not so much. Can some of you please take a look at my diary and let me know if you see something that sticks out? I am active (Mom -- so running around much of the day) and exercise 4-5 times a week - either Power/Vinyasa yoga or walks with hills. Could it REALLY be that I need to eat more? Today I got on the scale and I gained almost 2 pounds! How could I really be gaining or sustaining on an average of 1200-1300 calories! Yikes.

Thanks much for your input, again!

Replies

• registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Insulin is the key to weight loss, if your insulin spikes you will put on fat... 2 things increase insulin access amount of calories. or access amount of carbs including bad carbs... If you're exercising and have your calories right for you... cut back on your carbs
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Insulin is the key to weight loss, if your insulin spikes you will put on fat... 2 things increase insulin access amount of calories. or access amount of carbs including bad carbs... If you're exercising and have your calories right for you... cut back on your carbs

so does it look as if my carbs are a bit too high - per my diary?
    thx.
  • TututheMoon
    TututheMoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating back the calories you burn from exercise, that and eating more protein is what works for me, but hang in there and dont give up
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It's your calories. You need to NET at least 1200 calories a day, which means you need to eat back your exercise calories. If you don't your body will hang onto EVERYTHING for fear of starving (which is what it's apparently been doing). Considering you have so little to lose, I'd say you should set your goal to 1/2 pound a week and get your food diary as CLOSE to ZERO calories left as possible. It's been proven time and time again on this site that the less you have to lose, the more most people end up needing to eat to lose it. I Hope I helped some. Good luck!
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert on this at all, but i do suggst eating more, or actually exercising less. On a rare occasion you'll meet your goal or slightly over it.. but often you're 100 calories or more below your daily calorie goal. I think your body is afraid to let go, since it simply doesn't have enough energy to do all the things you do.

Try to always get anywhere between 0-100 calories left over, but never more. (I lose the most weight when i'm around 75 calories under my goal)

And yes, i don't know whether your goal was set to a pound or half a pound. But with so little set it to half a pound a week. It seems slow, but it's better than nothing at all!
  • cv4123
    cv4123 Posts: 8
    Options
    Your protein intake looks way to low to me. I tend to loose weight when my protein intake is over the MFP guidelines. Also it looks like you might be going into starvation mode by not eating enough.
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My weight loss also recently stopped so I poured over my old food diary to see what was different.

I found i was not eating enough. I was netting 1100-1230 calories a day. I bumped it to 1320-1500 and have starting losing again
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you only have 10 pounds to go. If that is really the case, does that mean you are at or very close to what I considered a normal BMI? If so, even a goal of 1 pound per week is probably high. Add to that the fact that you often seem to not eat you exercise calories, and you are not eating enough. I would suggest at the least, if you goal per week is greater than 1 pound to change it to one pound and eat your exercise calories. I would also suggest take a day to re-feed yourself (some call this a cheat day) to replenish your Leptin levels. That also might help your weight loss to get started again.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    rileysowner is right. You have so little to lose you can't afford to cut too much. You need to find that sweet spot where your body has enough energy (calories) to burn off fat, but not enough to store the fat.

I think eating more would be a good idea. Give it a shot. You may be surprised. :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'd consider adding some strength training in addition to the power yoga.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, everyone. i will give it a shot this time... i honestly think i am a little scared to eat MORE. the 'a little scared' part is not very healthy, i know. what have i really got to lose anyway, right? :happy:

thx!